HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share
 

 New C&D blends out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Just in from sp.com -

New C&D blends out 003-016-0328

Cornell & Diehl - Bluegrass: A steady rhythm of bright and red Virginias is joined by an accompaniment of robust Perique and dark fired Kentucky, making for a spicy little diddy sure to keep you on your toes.


New C&D blends out 003-016-0329

Cornell & Diehl - Blue Ridge: A bedrock of stoved red Virginias combines with a hearty helping of black Cavendish, Turkish leaf, and Louisiana Perique for a smoking experience every bit as rich and complex as old Shenandoah.


New C&D blends out 003-016-0332


Cornell & Diehl - Stovepipe: A trail of bright and red Virginias winds its way upwards, ascending to a summit of Perique, dark Burley leaf, and black Cavendish. Lightly topped with flavors of cocoa, caramel, and vanilla, it makes for a sublime, exhilarating smoke.



New C&D blends out 003-016-0331

Cornell & Diehl - String Duster: A duet of red and bright Virginias take the lead, followed by the lively harmony of Turkish leaf and the lightest notes of rum and maple, making for a sweet tune you'll want to play time and time again.


New C&D blends out 003-016-0330


Cornell & Diehl - White Lightning: A concentrated mixture of red and bright Virginias is combined with a good measure of Perique, and spiked with a bit of applejack, followed by the flavors of raspberry and vanilla for an electrifying smoking experience.



Of these, Bluegrass and Blue Ridge interest me since I'm pretty much a VaPer guy. And even though I'm not normally drawn to aros I gotta admit that String Duster might have some appeal. Rum and Maple might be a great combo if they aren't goopy and overdone, and C&D can do that if anyone can.

So........not ready to jump on any of these just yet. Hopefully Jim, Bobby, or any one of our trusted reviewers can give us the skinny.

I hasten to add I have no affiliation with either C&D or sp.com. Just an interested piper.  rabbit



Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


New C&D blends out Purple11x 2New C&D blends out Bombx10New C&D blends out BombNew C&D blends out D6bddf10 New C&D blends out 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
DrT999

DrT999

Age : 60
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 am

H'mm, the Bluegrass looks interesting. I wonder how fine a ribbon-cut it is? (hopefully not very thin-cut)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Fight'n Hampsters

Fight'n Hampsters

Age : 41
Location : Kentucky
Registration date : 2011-07-28

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm

I am amazed that C&D and others are still putting out new blends with the axe getting ready to fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Age : 60
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
I am amazed that C&D and others are still putting out new blends with the axe getting ready to fall.

Having all these new variations is one way to get us to buy more in total, especially those variations with any tobaccos they have a stock of they might not need for those older blends they would still be producing for a while if the axe does fall. Or am I being too cynical?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Stick

Stick

Age : 49
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Brewdude wrote:




Of these, Bluegrass and Blue Ridge interest me since I'm pretty much a VaPer guy.

RR

...and if aros float your boat, that Stovepipe looks worth a sniff Rande, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Age : 50
Location : HUDSON VALLEY NY
Registration date : 2009-05-24

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 7:12 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Having all these new variations is one way to get us to buy more in total, especially those variations with any tobaccos they have a stock of they might not need for those older blends they would still be producing for a while if the axe does fall.  Or am I being too cynical?

Nope. They have already paid their state and TTB taxes up front. If they don't get rid of it, it will do them no good rotting on a shelf. Recoup the pre-paid tax money I guess......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 7:12 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
I am amazed that C&D and others are still putting out new blends with the axe getting ready to fall.

Having all these new variations is one way to get us to buy more in total, especially those variations with any tobaccos they have a stock of they might not need for those older blends they would still be producing for a while if the axe does fall.  Or am I being too cynical?

Not at all DrT, in fact I believe you're spot on here.


Stick wrote:
...and if aros float your boat, that Stovepipe looks worth a sniff Rande, eh?

Mate, not for me. That combo seems a bit much for my tastes. Equally it could be discreetly applied and just fine. More for others though.



Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


New C&D blends out Purple11x 2New C&D blends out Bombx10New C&D blends out BombNew C&D blends out D6bddf10 New C&D blends out 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Age : 50
Location : HUDSON VALLEY NY
Registration date : 2009-05-24

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Anyone else see or hear about the "Star of the East Gold"

"Beginning with stoved bright Virginias, followed by equal measures of Cyprian Latakia and red Virginias for a bit of body, Star of the East Gold then incorporates a fair amount of Turkish leaf, resulting in a sweet, floral English mixture."

Brand Cornell & Diehl
Manufactured By Cornell & Diehl
Blend Type English
Contents Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Flavoring Vanilla, Whisky
Cut Ribbon
Packaging 2oz tin, 8oz tin, Bulk
Country US
Production Currently available
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Location : North Carolina
Registration date : 2012-08-31

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 7:55 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
Anyone else see or hear about the "Star of the East Gold"

"Beginning with stoved bright Virginias, followed by equal measures of Cyprian Latakia and red Virginias for a bit of body, Star of the East Gold then incorporates a fair amount of Turkish leaf, resulting in a sweet, floral English mixture."

Brand Cornell & Diehl
Manufactured By Cornell & Diehl
Blend Type English
Contents Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Flavoring Vanilla, Whisky
Cut Ribbon
Packaging 2oz tin, 8oz tin, Bulk
Country US
Production Currently available

I got a small sample of it, and will try it soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Age : 46
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 10:00 pm

A couple of these are really tempting, especially Bluegrass and Blue Ridge. However, a few blends aside that I really had to try, I am making a concerted effort to stay away from anything that could potentially get caught in the teeth of the FDA buzzsaw. I did stock up on McClelland's 40th Anniversary, but I don't want to discover anymore amazing tobaccos.

A lot of pipers are stocking up on blends that are past the FDA's cutoff date. I am doing something a little different in buying more of my favorite pre-cutoff blends with the idea in mind that they will never be cheaper than they are now. I would imagine that with the regulations slashing our selection, we will also see some evil price increases, added fees and taxes slapped on the stuff that we can still get. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Fight'n Hampsters

Age : 41
Location : Kentucky
Registration date : 2011-07-28

New C&D blends out Empty
PostSubject: Re: New C&D blends out   New C&D blends out EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:50 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
Having all these new variations is one way to get us to buy more in total, especially those variations with any tobaccos they have a stock of they might not need for those older blends they would still be producing for a while if the axe does fall.  Or am I being too cynical?

Nope. They have already paid their state and TTB taxes up front. If they don't get rid of it, it will do them no good rotting on a shelf. Recoup the pre-paid tax money I guess......

Makes sense. Use it while you can...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
New C&D blends out
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: