HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A convertible Savinelli

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

A convertible Savinelli Empty
PostSubject: A convertible Savinelli   A convertible Savinelli EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:23 pm

A recent savinelli restoration I did. I also turned up a stem extension with accent bands  to make it a convertible church warden, and the balsa filter can go in the top or bottom (or both Rolling Eyes  )

A convertible Savinelli Img_7610
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: A convertible Savinelli   A convertible Savinelli EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 1:14 pm

I like that idea. I have made a few pipes that accommodate long or short stems, and found them rather versatile. Your presentation is well done!
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A convertible Savinelli   A convertible Savinelli EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Very nicely done, I really like what you did. Especially the idea of the two pipes in one. Did you make the stem?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: A convertible Savinelli   A convertible Savinelli EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 9:29 pm

[quote="Lonecoyote"]Very nicely done, I really like what you did. Especially the idea of the two pipes in one. Did you make the stem?

Thsnks. I made the extension, and modified a molded stem blank to finish the job. Got the bowl stemless from ebay.
Back to top Go down
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: A convertible Savinelli   A convertible Savinelli EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I like that idea. I have made a few pipes that accommodate long or short stems, and found them rather versatile. Your presentation is well done!

Thanks, a compliment indeed from a sage such as yourself . I think they're versatile also. I've done it for a few pipes I have. I may sell this one, haven't decided.
Back to top Go down
pipetrepid

pipetrepid

Registration date : 2015-06-23

PostSubject: great idea!   A convertible Savinelli EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 8:27 pm

i like your thinking, looks great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: A convertible Savinelli   A convertible Savinelli EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 am

pipetrepid wrote:
i like your thinking, looks great! Very Happy
Thank you sir. I like the way they smoke with a long stem. Done a Couple of  variations on the theme. 
Did you see this one?
A convertible Savinelli IMG_7694
Back to top Go down

A convertible Savinelli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: