HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A grand restoration

Go down 

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: A grand restoration    Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Here is a T. Christiano I picked up for very short money due to the condition it was in. The top was well burned and the finish flaking on nearly the entire bowl. I was referred to Kaitlyn Mills who has restored pipes for other forum members that highly recommended her for my needs.

I conversed with Kaitlyn via PM's once she received the pipe suggesting the topped be topped off and I told her a flat top would be fine and a good wax coa buffed out would probably look better as well.

This is what a portion of the pipe looked like, the front and one side were far worse.

The pipe came out far nicer than I had even hoped for and Kaitlyn's reputation as a first class restorer is well acknowledged as this once sad beautiful Brandy shaped bent is now a glorious member to my racks and a fine smoker as well, thank you Kaitlyn for a wonderful restoration of this pipe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A grand restoration    Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Excellent restoration ( looks new ) and an outstanding pipe. T. Cristiano pipes are extremely underrated. I own 4 of his Signature Series pipes and cherish them all. I had 3 and the fourth one I'm restoring currently. Beautiful grain on all of his Fatta A Mano pipes. Also his Bosso series and Calabresi pipes are excellent smokers.

You can find T. Cristiano Calabresi series pipes new on eBay for under $20.00, I did and it was money well spent.

Banjo, glad to see you enjoying your pipes and tobacco's today. Stay well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
A grand restoration
Page 1 of 1