Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 am

Good stuff Jim. I hope to see you review the Blenders Bench line. I tried 3 of them, and found them all to be ashy tasting.  as if they were pre-smoked.  Wonder if it's just me, or if they had some issue. You would be able to tell.
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Slowroll wrote:
Good stuff Jim. I hope to see you review the Blenders Bench line. I tried 3 of them, and found them all to be ashy tasting.  as if they were pre-smoked.  Wonder if it's just me, or if they had some issue. You would be able to tell.

I've tried a few. Didn't experience any ashiness. Which did you try?
Back to top Go down
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 5:32 pm

JimInks wrote:
Slowroll wrote:

I tried the Basma, perique, and latakia. The lat had an old sort of over cured ashiness that I don't  notice in other lats for blending. The basma  also, even the Perique when I addd it to blends.
Back to top Go down
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Slowroll wrote:
JimInks wrote:
Slowroll wrote:

I tried the Basma, perique, and latakia. The lat had an old sort of over cured ashiness that I don't  notice in other lats for blending. The basma  also, even the Perique when I addd it to blends.

I don't know what to tell you here. I haven't tried the Basma or latakia, but I have tried a couple of the periques, and didn't have any surprises like you mention. What company's blending components did you try before?
Back to top Go down
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 am

Jim, I've tried most of the McC and C&D stuff, and some leaf from Leafonly.  Turns out the leaf only stuff was very similar in the ashy taste when I chopped it up. I chalked that stuff up to crappy tobacco.
Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 pm

RE: Picayune revisited...this time with a pipe

I ran into the same, dry mouth feel as when I smoke C&D's Big N' Burley. Picayune has a very tiny, buried, sweet hint to it though. I also marked, because Picayune is so strong, that even when the wind blows a little diluted smoke back into your breathing zone, you quite notice it. I have to say that this stuff surprised me in the pipe. I thought for sure it was going to be just as unsmokeable as when I tried a RYO. Not as cigar like as I anticipated, either. It was a decent smoke. Not much in complexity or great flavor, but entirely smokeable. I think I'll throw in some Two Timer next time to see if that adds another note. A smart blender could probably make something nice out of this. I don't happen to be much of a blender, so I won't be looking too hard at being that person. I have a couple things I'm thinking to throw at it, but that's it.
Back to top Go down

Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2