HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 am

Good stuff Jim. I hope to see you review the Blenders Bench line. I tried 3 of them, and found them all to be ashy tasting.  as if they were pre-smoked.  Wonder if it's just me, or if they had some issue. You would be able to tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Slowroll wrote:
Good stuff Jim. I hope to see you review the Blenders Bench line. I tried 3 of them, and found them all to be ashy tasting.  as if they were pre-smoked.  Wonder if it's just me, or if they had some issue. You would be able to tell.

I've tried a few. Didn't experience any ashiness. Which did you try?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:32 pm

JimInks wrote:
Slowroll wrote:

I tried the Basma, perique, and latakia. The lat had an old sort of over cured ashiness that I don't  notice in other lats for blending. The basma  also, even the Perique when I addd it to blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Slowroll wrote:
JimInks wrote:
Slowroll wrote:

I tried the Basma, perique, and latakia. The lat had an old sort of over cured ashiness that I don't  notice in other lats for blending. The basma  also, even the Perique when I addd it to blends.

I don't know what to tell you here. I haven't tried the Basma or latakia, but I have tried a couple of the periques, and didn't have any surprises like you mention. What company's blending components did you try before?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 am

Jim, I've tried most of the McC and C&D stuff, and some leaf from Leafonly.  Turns out the leaf only stuff was very similar in the ashy taste when I chopped it up. I chalked that stuff up to crappy tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.   Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 pm

RE: Picayune revisited...this time with a pipe

I ran into the same, dry mouth feel as when I smoke C&D's Big N' Burley. Picayune has a very tiny, buried, sweet hint to it though. I also marked, because Picayune is so strong, that even when the wind blows a little diluted smoke back into your breathing zone, you quite notice it. I have to say that this stuff surprised me in the pipe. I thought for sure it was going to be just as unsmokeable as when I tried a RYO. Not as cigar like as I anticipated, either. It was a decent smoke. Not much in complexity or great flavor, but entirely smokeable. I think I'll throw in some Two Timer next time to see if that adds another note. A smart blender could probably make something nice out of this. I don't happen to be much of a blender, so I won't be looking too hard at being that person. I have a couple things I'm thinking to throw at it, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Revised D&R Blends Reviews.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2