HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 pm

What can I say?

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/no-beer-goggles-required-brewer-turns-ar-tech-label-set-apart-crowded-market/

This was a nice little kiss for my lil' ole biz. And ya, the fancy-arse thingy on the label is impressive. Truth be told, I still don't own a cell phone or anything that could play this. But saw it though another source. Well done!

And no, that wasn't me in the barrel. I declined to be photographed for this, so it's my lead brewer instead. Let him have the glory!

drunken

The brew is all mine though, and one of the finest I've created IMNSHO! Enjoying it right now aamaof!

cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:26 pm

Rande,
I'm very impressed, well done! I'm sure a great brew your enjoying now and I must say a very well thought marketing scheme that will catch the eyes of many. Good luck, now get yourself a cell phone. You'll be needing it.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:46 pm

A case sent to everyone here, or it never happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Richard Burley wrote:

Ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

jocolor

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Richard Burley wrote:

^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^ lol!

Rande that's quite an attention getter. I hope it will boost sales and you end up getting a big raise. cheers

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Sounds delicious, when will you be exporting to Australia mate? Neat idea for the label too. 

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Very cool, my friend. If you can find a picture from the past, the national brewery of Bolivia had a German gnome riding a beer barrel over a waterfalls as well. Like most of the breweries in Latin America, founded by German immigrants in the later 1800s.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Guess when I leave here I should just take I-10 West to I-5 North and hit you up?

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 am

Very cool label there Rande! I have no problem with your shameless plug. I would say you have every right to be proud of your product and the very creative means of marketing it.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Now that is clever Rande old chum. Not seen that sort of thing before which, in the big world of marketing, is surprising (or I've led a v sheltered life in a quiet corner of the shire for too long - highly possible).

I could almost taste it! Almost Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dallas

Registration date : 2017-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:22 am

I will pick one up next time I am at the store. I live across the Sound in Bremerton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:28 am

is this arkansas tech i see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Had a really nice article in our local news rag about the release of this.

http://www.valleyrecord.com/business/snoqualmie-brewery-innovates-with-augmented-reality-beer-label/

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:52 pm

So Cool! If I was still drinking, I'd order up a case right now!

Wishing you great success, my friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm

can yall ship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:32 pm

arkansaspiper wrote:
can yall ship

Sadly, not directly to consumers.

silent

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Just curious: how does Snoqualmie Pale Ale compare to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? It's available anywhere, apparently. Any similarities? The latter is pretty much my favorite, plus it has sentimental connotations, as I used to live in Chico, CA, whence it comes. The only beers better are a few local IPAs here, in my estimation.

Side note: For anyone interested in the beer business (not manufacture), I would recommend a documentary called The Beer Wars. Has to do with distribution rights, big guy vs. little guy, etc. Kinda cool, and really does seem to be a type of war. Somewhat dated in detail, but the big picture remains in your bean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:49 am

Richard Burley wrote:
Just curious: how does Snoqualmie Pale Ale compare to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? It's available anywhere, apparently. Any similarities? The latter is pretty much my favorite, plus it has sentimental connotations, as I used to live in Chico, CA, whence it comes. The only beers better are a few local IPAs here, in my estimation.

Side note: For anyone interested in the beer business (not manufacture), I would recommend a documentary called The Beer Wars. Has to do with distribution rights, big guy vs. little guy, etc. Kinda cool, and really does seem to be a type of war. Somewhat dated in detail, but the big picture remains in your bean.

Sierra Nevada is one of those quintessential and iconic beers that created the category. One of it's defining features is the signature flavour of Cascade hops, which are citrus/pine in character. It's also 38 IBU's, and 5.6% ABV.

Our Snoqualmie Falls American Pale Ale takes its cue from Mosaic hops, which are heavy on the tropical/mango side of things. 38 IBU's and 5% ABV. So the specs are somewhat similar.

Our APA has fast become my go-to beer in our portfolio. Easy drinking session beer. Not heavy, no palate fatigue from over-hopping, and at 5% one can enjoy a good few of them.

And I also recommend the book "Beer Wars" Very insightful and interesting.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:19 am

Sounds like a real winner to me. Thanks. I'll try to find some for the hell of it; there's a retailer here that claims to have almost everything on the planet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 am

That's cool. I remember reading over the years how you stayed over night in the winter just to make sure things went good with brewing, so I assume business is hopping, but did you notice any influx from the article?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 am

Thistleoak wrote:
That's cool. I remember reading over the years how you stayed over night in the winter just to make sure things went good with brewing, so I assume business is hopping, but did you notice any influx from the article?  

That's difficult to measure. While it's been launched for a few months, getting placements are difficult since retailers are culling their 22oz facings in favour of 12oz cans. Cans are the new darling of the craft beer world, and the investment in a canning line is beyond our means right now.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:34 am

Cans over glass?

Good grief.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 pm

I guess next they will be canning wine, it's already been boxed scratch

I DO NOT ENJOY ANY CANNED BEVERAGE!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
I guess next they will be canning wine, it's already been boxed  scratch

I DO NOT ENJOY ANY CANNED BEVERAGE!!!

Seems like I've seen where they are doing that now. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

PostSubject: Re: Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
I guess next they will be canning wine, it's already been boxed  scratch

It's been done, if you can call it wine. I actually prefer cans with cheap beer. I like Pabst, of all things, because it's the only cheap beer I can taste. That said, one of my absolute favorite beers is Samuel Adams Boston Lager, but only in draft form, because of the wonderful malty aftertaste that never seems to fail. But in cans, that aftertaste is completely missing. Needless to say, I don't buy it in cans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Completely vain and self-serving article on my brewery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: