HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

SP Keeps Getting Better

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: SP Keeps Getting Better   Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:32 pm

I had resisted ordering more tobacco for at least two to three months but my craving for McClelland 40th Anniversary blend was forcing me to give in to TAD once again. Yesterday, the 25th, at 4:00 PM I ordered the following from Smoking Pipes:

McC 40th Anniversary X 5
SG Black XX  X  2
Sav Giubileo D' Oro X 2
Dan Old Ironsides  X 2

Around 4:45 I got a notice from UPS that I had a delivery coming on the 26th. Shortly thereafter SP sent me an email stating my order was being shipped.  Today I received my order. When I placed the order I was sure they would wait until today before filling and shipping. Those guys get it done, do it fast, and do it right the first time. They keep getting better with every order I place. Hats off to the team at Smoking Pipes. cheers

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: SP Keeps Getting Better   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:25 am

AJ, I think you benefit tremendously living a state over. I envy your proximity to one of the best retailers on the planet.

I must say though that they've got some shipping woes when it comes to timely delivery to the west coast. UPS Ground is just that. And a lot of it to travel when going from SC to CA. I love their service, but I tend to favor frequenting Iwan Ries, Mars Cigars and 4noggins where the shipping is cheaper and faster.

Nice haul, btw. Do you smoke the Black XX often? I smoked a chunk of that a while back and just about keeled over. The Brown No. 4 was even mightier. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: SP Keeps Getting Better   Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:10 am

I'm also lucky enough to live one State away and I too get extremely FAST shipping which is packed perfect. The one time I had a minor issue all it took was a quick call and it was immediately rectified. 
I highly recommend this retailer cheerscheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: SP Keeps Getting Better   Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Nice haul, btw. Do you smoke the Black XX often? I smoked a chunk of that a while back and just about keeled over. The Brown No. 4 was even mightier. drunken

Chris, Living just a bit over a hundred miles from SP does have its rewards.

A tin of Black XX will last me at least six months. I only smoke it when I'm needing some extra nicotine in my diet. However I usually prefer something a bit milder. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: SP Keeps Getting Better   Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Nice order AJ! Can't complain about that 40th Anni from McC's. I smoke it at least once a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: SP Keeps Getting Better   Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:25 pm

AJ,
I do like the 40th and have squirreled away 4 tins. My GAWD man !! two Gubleo 's? YOU SPENT SOME $$$ S !! what styles ? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: SP Keeps Getting Better   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:38 pm

monbla256 wrote:
AJ,
I do like the 40th and have squirreled away 4 tins. My GAWD man !! two Gubleo 's? YOU SPENT SOME $$$ S !! what styles ?  Twisted Evil

Michael, I already had the pipe the other was a blend of tobacco with the same name as the pipe. I bought two tins of Giubileo D' Oro. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SP Keeps Getting Better
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: