HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Chris Asteriou Shape #55

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi Bob's,

Just thought I'd share a few pictures of my latest acquisition that is on the way to me, after scoring a 30% discount at Neatpipes.com.  It's Chris Asteriou's take on the Castello #55 shape.  Pipe has a nice oval shank, a small bit of plateau on the underside of the bowl, plenty of birdseye, and a cumberland bit.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I've looked at this shape several times, but the Castellos get pretty pricey.  This one weighs in at 35g.  Sweet smokes, my friends...

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Asteri10
Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Asteri11
Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Asteri12
Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Asteri13

PS, I'm happy to share the discount code if anyone sees anything they like on the Neatpipes.com website.  30% off sitewide!
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 6:31 pm

CONGRATULATIONS....that's an eye catcher!! What a stunning grain and excellent choice on that stem. Hope it's a great smoker for many years to come cheerscheers






KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Thank you, LC. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Loren, love the grain and the tasteful use of the similar coloured Cumerland that seems to flow naturally from the shank. Kind of like a Hawkbill to me. In any case you got yourself a fine acquisition, and 30% off isn't too shabby either!

Cool


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Purple11x 2Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Bombx10  Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Bombx7Chris Asteriou Shape #55 D6bddf10 Chris Asteriou Shape #55 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Loren, love the grain and the tasteful use of the similar coloured Cumerland that seems to flow naturally from the shank. Kind of like a Hawkbill to me. In any case you got yourself a fine acquisition, and 30% off isn't too shabby either!

Cool


Cheers,

RR

Thank you, sir. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
alrightdriver

alrightdriver

Age : 40
Registration date : 2017-09-04

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 pm

That is a beautiful pipe!!
Back to top Go down
Yarnspinner68

Yarnspinner68

Location : Franklin County, VA
Registration date : 2017-09-29

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Beautiful pipe! Hope it is a great companion for years to come.
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank you gentlemen. Smile
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Location : Western Maryland
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 8:57 am

Very nice! I pondered that particular pipe about a dozen times. I decided at the asking price, that I couldn't live with the small plateau spot.
At 30% discount, I would have also grabbed it. The finish on the pipe is amazing on the screen, as is the stem.
If you don't have a Chris Asteriou pipe, you are in for a treat.
With Neat Pipes, you'll have it in about 48 hours.
Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 10:07 pm

riff raff wrote:
Very nice!  I pondered that particular pipe about a dozen times.  I decided at the asking price, that I couldn't live with the small plateau spot.
At 30% discount, I would have also grabbed it. The finish on the pipe is amazing on the screen, as is the stem.
If you don't have a Chris Asteriou pipe, you are in for a treat.  
With Neat Pipes, you'll have it in about 48 hours.
Enjoy!

Thank you RR. I'm looking forward to receiving her. I couldn't pass up the deal, though it was by no means cheap (even at the discounted price). I even like the little bit of plateau on the underside of the bowl. I am fortunate to already have an Asteriou in my collection, making this my 2nd. My other is a small blasted asymmetric strawberry shape with bamboo shank extension. It is an AWESOME smoker! I contacted Chris regarding this pipe, as it does not come with an original sock. In his generosity, he offered to send one out to me at no charge. He's a great guy, and an excellent craftsman IMHO.

Best,

Loren
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Location : Western Maryland
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 7:35 am

He made me the same offer as well!
I believe Chris said that one was in made for the owner of Neat Pipes (I can't remember his name).


BriarBeagle wrote:
riff raff wrote:
Very nice!  I pondered that particular pipe about a dozen times.  I decided at the asking price, that I couldn't live with the small plateau spot.
At 30% discount, I would have also grabbed it. The finish on the pipe is amazing on the screen, as is the stem.
If you don't have a Chris Asteriou pipe, you are in for a treat.  
With Neat Pipes, you'll have it in about 48 hours.
Enjoy!

Thank you RR.  I'm looking forward to receiving her.  I couldn't pass up the deal, though it was by no means cheap (even at the discounted price).  I even like the little bit of plateau on the underside of the bowl.  I am fortunate to already have an Asteriou in my collection, making this my 2nd.  My other is a small blasted asymmetric strawberry shape with bamboo shank extension.  It is an AWESOME smoker!  I contacted Chris regarding this pipe, as it does not come with an original sock.  In his generosity, he offered to send one out to me at no charge.  He's a great guy, and an excellent craftsman IMHO.

Best,

Loren
Back to top Go down
pipetrepid

pipetrepid

Location : upstate new york
Registration date : 2015-06-23

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: chris!   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 pm

chris makes great pipes! bill
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Chris Asteriou Shape #55 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Asteriou Shape #55   Chris Asteriou Shape #55 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm

pipetrepid wrote:
chris makes great pipes!  bill

Agreed. (This is my 2nd). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
 
Chris Asteriou Shape #55
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Egg Shape Buttons
» How to change the shape of the profile photo?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: