HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Several years ago when I was smoking my beloved 759 all the time a friend suggested I try straight Va's and gave me a tin of Dunhill's Ye Olde Signe which I liked and smoked till it was stopped being produced. I've noticed that it's been brought back and was wondering if aqny of you Va lovers have tried the new version?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:03 am

For me the re-release of Dunhill's Ye Olde Signe is nothing like the original. 
Read some of the reviews @ Tobaccoreviews. It's one I no longer smoke, especially with ALL the fine straight Va's offered today. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:13 pm

I've smoked both, though the older version was well aged, LC is absolutely correct. The new version is a wisp of what the original was. To my tastes, of course. PM me an address, I can send you a great sample to try, if you wish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:50 pm

I never smoked the original, but I was unimpressed by the reissue. It doesn't have much character to my palate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?   Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Totally unimpressed with the new YOS!!! Just nothing to it for me!!! Still looking for the "Dark Virginia" as stated on the tin label!!!! The other tins are going to sit in the back of the cellar for a long time...unless I pawn them off on someone!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any of the Va smokers here smoke Ye Olde Signe?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1