HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm

I know quite a number of Pipeworks & Wilke fans have wondered if the new Wilke versions by John Brandt are different. Lately, I have been smoking the ones I am most familiar with: No. 10, No. 191, No. 515, No, 400, Rumcake, and Dummerston. I spoke with John, who told me that he is sticking with the original recipes, and is using the same sources for the tobaccos and flavorings. Based on my smoking experience with both versions of the aforementioned blends, I canít tell any differences between what Carole Burns blended and what John Brandt is blending. Hope this information is useful to those who have been curious about the subject.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Good news, indeed! I have had some wonderful blends from P&W.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Jim, was watching which Wilke blends you've been smoking and actious to hear your thoughts on the new release. Which blend in your opinion is Burley forward that can be smoked more than once a day if desired.
Appreciate your feedback and reviews as always... cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Jim, was watching which Wilke blends you've been smoking and actious to hear your thoughts on the new release. Which blend in your opinion is Burley forward that can be smoked more than once a day if desired.
Appreciate your feedback and reviews as always... cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I think all the blends that aren't English - and even a few of those - can be all day smokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:30 pm

I've been a big fan of the Churchill, #78 (back when I was into lat), and Nut Brown Burley blends. Could see getting in some more of the Nut Brown if it's the same. Might also be a suggestion for you Ted.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Could see getting in some more of the Nut Brown if it's the same. Might be a suggestion for you Ted.

Rande, thanks for the recommendation!! Many MOONS ago I smoked Nut Brown and ''twas extremely enjoyable. If Mr. JimInks gives it two thumbs up I will give it a try again. Like I need another tobacco 5)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Could see getting in some more of the Nut Brown if it's the same. Might be a suggestion for you Ted.

Rande, thanks for the recommendation!! Many MOONS ago I smoked Nut Brown and ''twas extremely enjoyable. †If Mr. JimInks gives it two thumbs up I will give it a try again. Like I need another tobacco 5)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Nut Brown Burley was discontinued a year or more back because one of the major components is no longer available. It's never coming back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.   Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks Jim

JUST MY LUCK Evil or Very Mad

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Look at Current Wilke Tobacco Production.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1