HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Brrr

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Brrr   Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Chilly, raw and windy today but I still had the urge to keep it smokey so I loaded the Askwith Morta Masur Birch capped Rhodesian with some good old Orlik Golden Sliced and enjoyed it.
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:50 am

Nice, is this the view from the front porch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

No itís actually the view from the tree, and my back yard and rear porch, I figured Iíd look at the tree this go around.
banjo
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:53 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
No itís actually the view from the tree, and my back yard and rear porch, I figured Iíd look at the tree this go around.
banjo

I seem to see a body of water in the left and right of the left of your neck Mr. Banjo. So you're close to the sea?

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am

That I am sir, that is the York River in the distance, a tidal water from the mouth of York Harbor, Mark Twain summered in York and stayed on the York River where it is said he wrote Huckleberry Finn, the other body of water is a tidal millpond, Barrells Millpond named after the gentleman who owned it, I most enjoy watching all the birds and wildlife near and on the pond especially when I see the baitfish being worried by the Striper population, a Saltwater fly fishing paradise it is.
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:
banjo

I seem to see a body of water in the left and right of the left of your neck Mr. Banjo. So you're close to the sea?

Cheers,

RR

Last edited by fishnbanjo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 am

Sounds like a great place for a constitutional.

View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:06 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
That I am sir, that is the York River in the distance, a tidal water from the mouth of York Harbor, Mark Twain summered in York and stayed on the York River where it is said he wrote Huckleberry Finn, the other body of water is a tidal millpond, Barrells Millpond named after the gentleman who owned it, I most enjoy watching all the birds and wildlife near and on the pond especially when I see the baitfish being worried by the Striper population, a Saltwater fly fishing paradise it is.
banjo

Brewdude wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:
banjo

Cheers,

RR

That's quite a mental picture Mr. Banjo, and thanks for sharing. Great history in that area, and I'd be all over the fishing lark!

bom

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:46 pm

York is wicked pretty. We often spend some time in Ogunquit where Iíve cast a fly on occasion at the intersection of the Ogunquit River and the Atlantic, but my waf is now of the opinion that at my age fly fishing should take place only from dry land in a place that doesnít have tides. Well, what they donít know etc. Nice pipe by the way. Hope youíre feeling well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Brrr   Today at 12:01 am

What a great place for pipin' (and fly fishin' and LIVIN')! †I always thought somehow I'd grow old by the ocean. †Well, I' m 63, I guess I got a few years to make good on that adolescent fantasy premonition................
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Brrr
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: