HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Some cool pipes from Dagner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Some cool pipes from Dagner   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Looking forward to what you think.

$100 is a lot of money if you ask me. I don't care where, or how, you're spending that kind of cash. Having said that, I'd rather spend $175 to have my expectations met. I see Blue Room Briars/Jesse ??? is making a $150-200. That one has me curious as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Some cool pipes from Dagner   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
Looking forward to what you think.

$100 is a lot of money if you ask me.  I don't care where, or how, you're spending that kind of cash.  Having said that, I'd rather spend $175 to have my expectations met.  I see Blue Room Briars/Jesse ??? is making a $150-200.  That one has me curious as well.

Yes, I'll agree with that. It's a lot of money to me as well. I am retired. Every dollar matters. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Some cool pipes from Dagner   Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Simple Man

You won't go wrong with a Dagner pipe for under $120.00!! They are all good looking and from what I hear from pipe buddies they are good smokers. NOT handmade but still good quality for the price!!

Also take a look at the Savinelli 320KS Trevi pipes for $80.00 @ Smokingpipes. Just don't purchase one with that lacquer/shellac finish. Superb smokers for the price cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Some cool pipes from Dagner   Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Simple Man

You won't go wrong with a Dagner pipe for under $120.00!! They are all good looking and from what I hear from pipe buddies they are good smokers. NOT handmade but still good quality for the price!!

Also take a look at the Savinelli 320KS Trevi pipes for $80.00 @ Smokingpipes. Just don't purchase one with that lacquer/shellac finish. Superb smokers for the price cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks! I just bought a 2016 Saint Nicholas 320 a few weeks ago. You're right, excellent smoker, very nice pipe! I've Carter Hall'ed the heck out of it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Some cool pipes from Dagner   Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Thanks! I just bought a 2016 Saint Nicholas 320 a few weeks ago. You're right, excellent smoker, very nice pipe! I've Carter Hall'ed the heck out of it.

Carter Hall is the ONLY tobacco I've ever used to break in a new briar. I notice many other pipe smokers have done the same. I still smoke CH from time to time, with about 10 years of aging it only gets better!!
Years ago CH, Captain Black Original and Amphora Original were my go to OTC blends.

You purchased yourself a good looking 320, I certainly remember looking at the same model year. I know a pipe smoker that owns SIX 320's and will eventually purchase a few more....they smoke that good due to the wide diameter of the chamber. PERFECT pipe for any flake blend cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Some cool pipes from Dagner   Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 pm

For what it's worth, I've been buying Dagner pipes off and on for the past 3 years or so. They're cheap, mass-produced pipes that are just handy pipes to have as travel pipes, tobacco test pipes. or whatever. They all smoke really well. I'll also say this much about that civil war smooth davil anse; I bought one when it first came out and I've got devil anse pipes from Eltang, Moonshine, maybe someone else who knows, and that little Dagner is the ONLY one that comes closest to replicating the actual one from the Hatfield-McCoy movie that kicked off the whole fad.

I also just got one from Briar Works that comes close, but Dagner came way first, and I still think it comes closest, for whatever it's worth (not much, I know).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Some cool pipes from Dagner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: