HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Where do you buy online?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corncobcon

avatar

Age : 68
Location : Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Where do you buy online?   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:56 pm

I usually buy from Smokingpipes.com, but also use PipesAndCigars.com and 4noggins.com. Lately there have been a lot of "out-of-stock" items. Where else do you all order from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:17 pm

I order most of my tobaccos from the already mentioned Smoking Pipes & 4noggins. I also like the service from Mars Cigars, Milan and Iwan Ries. I also order house blends from LJ Peretti. I am officially in love with a lot of their mixtures.

I no longer order from king of the back-orders, P&C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Moderator
avatar

Age : 69
Location : Oregon City
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Mars.

Nd 4 Noggins for John Patton blends.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Smokingpipes and 4Noggins mostly because of what each retailer carries and OUTSTANDING customer service. I sent Rich from 4Noggins an email earlier today about getting a certain blend for me and in less than two hours he responded....." yup, I can and let me know when you want it ".
Also Mars from time to time. Good stock of tobacco's and friendly!!

Recently sent TWO emails each to both Peretti's and Uhle's and after 8 days neither responded. ''Twas a simple question for both retailers. I did expect this from Peretti's ( Boston attitude ) but not Uhle's.

PS, I too stay clear of P&C. Personally I wouldn't trust them if they had a 50% off sale.... it would ALL be out of stock.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 am

I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 am

Simple Man

I agree, Cupojoes.com is a great place to purchase from on certain blends. Never an issue with them and they do answer their phone!!



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Moderator
avatar

Age : 69
Location : Oregon City
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:10 am

I’ll just add that any place that lets me pick first class usps shipping for any sized order gets a plus mark in my book. Most of the big boys do now.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Ascension Parish
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Smokingpipes.com  - almost exclusively.   cheers






Used to occasionally use 4noggins, but Rich told me 
and all other Trump voters to bugger off.  So I did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Kitchener, Ontario CANADA
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Simple Man wrote:
I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.

Just received my first order from CupoJoes. Quick and easy, and they ship to Canada! No complaints so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 pm

ontariopiper wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.

Just received my first order from CupoJoes. Quick and easy, and they ship to Canada! No complaints so far. Very Happy

Good deal! They've always been good to me. And sometimes they carry unusual pipes that appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Good deal! They've always been good to me. And sometimes they carry unusual pipes that appeal to me.

You bet they carry some unusual pipes! I was lucky enough to spot a LaStrada handmade chubby pot being sold on their website a number of years ago. It's a very popular pipe manufacturer in Europe and I was lucky enough while living on the Island of Malta to purchase 3 LaStrada pipes. Once I noticed the chubby pot at a super cheap price being sold at Cupojoes I immediately purchased it. It's one of my favorite chubby pot pipes!!



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Kentucky
Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Simple Man wrote:
I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.

I am assuming it will be for the Thanksgiving Blend.  Been considering this one.  What would you compare it to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Kentucky
Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:36 pm

I like Smokingpipes.com for most everything, especially if I want it quickly.

I guess I am one of the few who will still order from PipesandCigars, but only if there is a really good sale. For example I ordered three tins of the soon to be extinct Dunhill Flake for about $7.60 apiece (regulalrly about $11). I adjusted my expectations on shipping and was willing to wait for such a good deal. It took about 3 weeks but arrived a few days ago. Hard to beat price.

Similarly, I ordered several tins of some Pease blends back in early September and saved about $3 a tin. Thankfully they do not charge until it ships. They have not shipped yet but I am not in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
I'm always surprised in these conversations that Cupojoes.com seldom comes up. I've bought several things from them over the years and have been very happy with their service. I do buy from LJ Peretti, getting ready to place my semiannual order on Nov. 1st. Other than that, SmokingPipes gets the bulk of my shopping.

I am assuming it will be for the Thanksgiving Blend.  Been considering this one.  What would you compare it to?

I'm not real good on comparisons. I'm sure someone else can probably help out with that. I will say though that it is in the top five of my favorite burley blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
I like Smokingpipes.com for most everything, especially if I want it quickly.

I guess I am one of the few who will still order from PipesandCigars, but only if there is a really good sale.  For example I ordered three tins of the soon to be extinct Dunhill Flake for about $7.60 apiece (regulalrly about $11).  I adjusted my expectations on shipping and was willing to wait for such a good deal.  It took about 3 weeks but arrived a few days ago.  Hard to beat price.

Similarly, I ordered several tins of some Pease blends back in early September and saved about $3 a tin.  Thankfully they do not charge until it ships.  They have not shipped yet but I am not in a hurry.

I'm amazed your tobacco was in stock ! EVERY time I've ordered from them during one of their "sales" they've ALWAYS been "sold out" mostly on the day they put the sale up on their site !! Twisted Evil
I'll stick with SP and Cuppa Joes. If they list it for sale, they have it and both are great folks to deal with !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Answering questions like this give me pause, since it forever becomes public property and I'm a huge fan of security.
Wink


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:48 pm

I can heartily recommend SmokingPipes and CupOJoes. I have ordered from various places over the years. I have had great customer service with SmokingPipes, and I have never had to call or send an email with CupOJoes. Admittedly I have not placed so many orders with CupOJoes.

I am a big fan of C&D. SmokingPipes doesn't carry everything in PS I like. I see that CupOJoes does not have Aromatic Dutch Slices any more which is unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
I can heartily recommend SmokingPipes and CupOJoes. I have ordered from various places over the years. I have had great customer service with SmokingPipes, and I have never had to call or send an email with CupOJoes. Admittedly I have not placed so many orders with CupOJoes.

I am a big fan of C&D. SmokingPipes doesn't carry everything in PS I like. I see that CupOJoes does not have Aromatic Dutch Slices any more which is unfortunate.

That's one that I have somehow overlooked. I read your review on TR. I'll keep a watch for it. Sounds like something I might need to try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Simple Man wrote:


That's one that I have somehow overlooked. I read your review on TR. I'll keep a watch for it. Sounds like something I might need to try.

I really enjoy it. I like Natural Dutch Cavendish too. These are Dutch style cavendish processed tobaccos in the same camp as Amphora or Sail. They are not black cavendish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Simple Man wrote:


That's one that I have somehow overlooked. I read your review on TR. I'll keep a watch for it. Sounds like something I might need to try.

I really enjoy it. I like Natural Dutch Cavendish too. These are Dutch style cavendish processed tobaccos in the same camp as Amphora or Sail. They are not black cavendish.

I'll have to give them a try. I've enjoyed Amphora and Sail in the past.

ADDED: Just added some Natural Dutch Cavendish to my growing cart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Simple Man wrote:
I'll have to give them a try. I've enjoyed Amphora and Sail in the past.

So, if you smoked Amphora Original years ago the new release is spot on and I don't believe you'll be disappointed. Order a pouch the next time you get that TAD fever!!



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy online?   Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
I'll have to give them a try. I've enjoyed Amphora and Sail in the past.

So, if you smoked Amphora Original years ago the new release is spot on and I don't believe you'll be disappointed. Order a pouch the next time you get that TAD fever!!



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. It may be time for a revisit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Where do you buy online?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: What Are You Smoking Right Now?-
Jump to: