HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Seconds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Seconds   Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:52 am

I was telling Arky on the phone earlier in the week that I had my favorite MM stubby clinched while I was working outside, as luck would have it I lost my footing, hit hard and bit harder... stem busted apart.... so while I was dropping a whopping .50 cents over the phone with them I did something I always ment to try and ordered a bag of seconds. I figure if I muff a pipe up while working it shouldn't be my favorite lol. THANK GOD I DIDN'T HAVE MY SAV IN MY MOUTH WHEN IT HAPPENED!!! Any other cob snobs here ever order the bag of seconds and what did you think of them? BTW will post pics when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:08 am

Yup, I've purchased the MM seconds and for the most part they smoked well. Some were not glued properly and had chunks out of the cob.
The perfect pipes for when I decide to smoke a Lakeland blend.

THE PERFECT PIPE FOR THOSE ON THE GO

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:49 pm

hmm something to think bout for work pipes. chainsaw pipe or stokeing the wood boiler cutting firewood plowing the food field as i would call it. all things i hope to be doing in tge year or so. oh and building my wife and my cavin in the woods ya forgot that. last but not least need a pipe for when im milling the wood from the property to make tge cabin ya all that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:41 pm

I work in some pretty harsh environments , but when I am outside and I don't have to wear a respirator I like to enjoy a bowl or two as I'm working.   I would never dream of taking briar out into the rain, snow and cold, but now I'm set on work pipes with this batch of seconds from Missouri Meerschaum.
Couple chips on the rims but that won't keep them from smoking like champs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Thistleoak

You received a nice selection!! Like I stated prior...only issue you'll usually find on their seconds is bits and pieces missing from the cob bowl. Still great smokers. And the two in the rear are a bonus. Now you can enjoy a bowl while working and don't have to give a $hit if one breaks.
ENJOY.... cheers cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:39 pm

Thistleoak wrote:
I work in some pretty harsh environments , but when I am outside and I don't have to wear a respirator I like to enjoy a bowl or two as I'm working.   I would never dream of taking briar out into the rain, snow and cold, but now I'm set on work pipes with this batch of seconds from Missouri Meerschaum.
Couple chips on the rims but that won't keep them from smoking like champs.

Those look pretty dang nice for seconds Alex. At least from the pic.

Always wondered about the seconds myself. Might have to give them a try sometime.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:51 am

Can’t complain about that bunch o’ bargains! I’ve often been tempted by the MM bargain bags. But I always get stuck on the economics of it: Is it better to go for: 1) the quantity bargain bag knowing that it could have “novelty” pipes in there ... or 2) is it better to spend the same amount of money on a couple of the first quality Diplomats and Twain’s? I’ve always gone for the latter. Also, they’re so inexpensive there’s not a lot of benefit in bargain hunting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:59 am

How much is a bag of seconds?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:40 am

Zeno Marx wrote:
How much is a bag of seconds?

It's called the MM 10 pipe grab bag and costs $33.99. Usually you'll receive 8 of the cheapie pipes and two of their higher priced in the bag. Only issues are some of the bowls are missing small pieces of cob. You'll receive an even amount of straight stem and slightly bent stem pipes. All are still very smokeable. Worth the money cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: Seconds   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:42 am

I did it so if I bust a pipe while working ( I know I smoke while I work) it's not one of my good briar.  I am happy with what MM sent all though I'm gonna have to email Jan cause they forgot to drop the bits I ordered In.... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Seconds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1