HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:50 am

Today I placed two orders which include:

-Churchwarden Pipe Cleaners (new churchwarden came yesterday and I forgot to get long cleaners! D'oh!)
-Decatur Rotating 9 Pipe Stand
-Kiribi Takara Brass Pipe Lighter (looks wicked)
-$50 Stanwell Brushed Brown Bent Dublin (a cheaper pipe to have a briar for the funky, ghosting tobaccos like 1972)
-Xikar 400 mL Butane
-1 tin SG Lakeland Dark (sounds yummy)
-1 tin Cornell & Diehl Awakened Elder (new tobacco in their Lovecraft-inspired lineup)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:31 am

Very nice selection of tobacco's and accessories. The long pipe cleaners are a must with a Churchwarden. Some pipe smokers use two small cleaners on each end of the stem of the Churchwarden.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 am

I started breaking in the pipe yesterday and I just used pipe cleaners in both ends, but I think the long ones will be much better. I hope the Stanwell smokes decent. $50 is the cheapest I've spent on a non CC pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:33 pm

One can never go wrong with a Stanwell, especially @ $50.00!! Post your thoughts in a few days...enjoy cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm

I have a Stanwell Brushed Brown poker. It smokes fine. But then again, I don't have the higher priced pipes like some of you guys have so I can't really compare. I think you will be pleased with the pipe if you are just going to smoke some of those "ghostly" type tobaccos. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Corncobcon, I have $300.00 pipes that don't smoke as well as my Joh's, Stanwell, Aldo's and my inexpensive T. Cristiano pipes costing under $50.00 each. Price means nothing. It's the briar used and the overall mechanics of the pipe!!

KEEP ON PUFFING WHAT SMOKES BEST!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today   Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:14 pm

This is true. I was just trying to make a comparison. My bad!

I have several Casseloni pipes that smoke better than my Dunhill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PAD & TAD (and more) struck again today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1