HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Time for some Tinned TAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Just put in an order for some of my fave tinned 'baccy.

* 5 50g tins of Royal Yacht
* 5 50g tins of Presbyterian ( is on back order)
* 5 100g tins of Orlik Golden Sliced
* 200 Pipe Clnrs.
4 of each blend will be set back to age a bit with one tin of each to smoke from now. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

avatar

Age : 35
Location : Northwest Michigan
Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Lemme guess, you ordered from p&c, right?


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
ftrplt

avatar

Age : 71
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Not an RY fan...But Presby and OGS are just primo!!! Good get!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:56 pm

monbla256.... the newer OGS is much darker and richer in taste. At least my 2012 to 2015 is. I traded all my older OGS, did not get better with age. Another member of the BoB LOVES it now!!  NICE HAUL  cheers  cheers

i'm Jewish and Presbyterian likes me...lol  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

avatar

Age : 35
Location : Northwest Michigan
Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
monbla256.... the newer OGS is much darker and richer in taste. At least my 2012 to 2015 is. I traded all my older OGS, did not get better with age. Another member of the BoB LOVES it now!!  NICE HAUL  cheers  cheers

i'm Jewish and Presbyterian likes me...lol  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
monbla256.... the newer OGS is much darker and richer in taste. At least my 2012 to 2015 is. I traded all my older OGS, did not get better with age. Another member of the BoB LOVES it now!!  NICE HAUL  cheers  cheers

i'm Jewish and Presbyterian likes me...lol  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Funny what you said about the aged OGS. I'm smoking some 7 year old OGS now and find it darker and richer in taste than the "fresh" stuff. Different strockes for different folks !! Twisted Evil BTW I'm Catholic and I know what ya mean !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil And who is p&c ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:18 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Funny what you said about the aged OGS. I'm smoking some 7 year old OGS now and find it darker and richer in taste than the "fresh" stuff. Different strockes for different folks !!

My bad.... you misunderstood me. From 2011 on when you open a fresh tin it's already a much darker Flake and after 3 to 4 years of aging it's simple outstanding. Also another member mentioned the same to me. You don't have to wait 10 years to achieve that Dark rich color and flavor now. I'm sure your 7 year old smokes well but from 2011 on I was simply amazed. So was this other member but I will not mention names without his permission. He's a BIG fan of OGS for years and enjoys the newer release from 2011 to present.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm

monbla256 wrote:
And who is p&c ?  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

When I saw that the Presby was on back order I immediately thought it was from a Pipes&Cigars order as they do this regularly. If that's not the case then my bad!



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Funny what you said about the aged OGS. I'm smoking some 7 year old OGS now and find it darker and richer in taste than the "fresh" stuff. Different strockes for different folks !!

My bad.... you misunderstood me. From 2011 on when you open a fresh tin it's already a much darker Flake and after 3 to 4 years of aging it's simple outstanding. Also another member mentioned the same to me. You don't have to wait 10 years to achieve that Dark rich color and flavor now. I'm sure your 7 year old smokes well but from 2011 on I was simply amazed. So was this other member but I will not mention names without his permission. He's a BIG fan of OGS for years and enjoys the newer release from 2011 to present.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I'm also a big fan of OGS. And haven't been disappointed with the new releases.



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Time for some Tinned TAD   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
Funny what you said about the aged OGS. I'm smoking some 7 year old OGS now and find it darker and richer in taste than the "fresh" stuff. Different strockes for different folks !!

My bad.... you misunderstood me. From 2011 on when you open a fresh tin it's already a much darker Flake and after 3 to 4 years of aging it's simple outstanding. Also another member mentioned the same to me. You don't have to wait 10 years to achieve that Dark rich color and flavor now. I'm sure your 7 year old smokes well but from 2011 on I was simply amazed. So was this other member but I will not mention names without his permission. He's a BIG fan of OGS for years and enjoys the newer release from 2011 to present.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I'll look forward to my "new" stuff then !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Time for some Tinned TAD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: