HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What other flakes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What other flakes?   Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 am

I enjoy G&H Rum Flake but oddly I never got a rum flavor from it. I got about as much rum flavor as I got chocolate from Bob's. The advertisied flavors in both of these are like the vermouth in a martini made by the gin lover that hates the idea of adding it to the cocktail shaker. Sparse and perhaps only there in ones imagination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What other flakes?   Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I just got half a pound of Rum Flake, and found it rather nice, but it was pretty dried out. A shame you don't got on with it... Ah, well, plenty more to explore, eh?

After the first two bowls, I thought that it may be a moisture issue. The first bowl I tried after allowing the tobacco to sit out for about 10 minutes. The second bowl (the next day) was with a different pipe and after allowing the tobacco to sit out for thirty minutes.

Last night's bowl was after the tobacco sat out for at least 3 hours and in one of my best pipes.

All three pipes are cleaned (as all mine are) after each use. No gunk in the mortise. It may just be this batch. But, I get a bitter/soapy almost cologne like fragrance/taste.

More flakes to try however. Moving on.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake Online

What other flakes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: