HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

An Old Friend Returns (sort of)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:12 pm

I had a pipe that was pretty special to me. It was a 1982 Comoy's Christmas Pipe that I bought the year my wife and I got married. A few years ago while going through a particularly hard time, I sold it. I instantly regretted selling that pipe because of the memories attached, but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Anyway, I have always been on the lookout for a replacement but whenever I found one it just didn't look quite like I wanted it to with the grain, etc. Well today, I finally found one on Ebay with beautiful grain and to make the matter even better, it is BRAND SPANKING NEW! I am so excited! I won it tonight and will have it with me soon. I REALLY was not in the market for another pipe yet, but doggone, how often does something like this happen?

I'll be having a very Merry Christmas this year with my old pipe friend. santa Very Happy

PICTURES will follow when I receive it.

Last edited by Simple Man on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Quite the story and I'll look forward to the pics in due course Jack!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:17 am

Simple Man
Thanks for sharing the story. Glad you found the pipe you were looking for and new at that. Enjoy for many years!!!  cheers  cheers  king

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON WITH THE COMOY's You've wanted!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Serendipity! (And persistence, patience and other good things.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Thank you, sirs! I seriously haven't been so excited for a new pipe in quite awhile. My first smoke from the original was Christmas Eve 1982. So that is when I intend on breaking having my first smoke of the new pipe... start a whole new set of memories with it. Maybe I'll be on the lookout for some good aged Christmas Cheer for that smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Maybe I'll be on the lookout for some good aged Christmas Cheer for that smoke.

Look under Trading Post and you'll see DoverPipes selling old dated tins for a friend of his. If you see a blend you like make a reasonable offer and he will ask his friend. Nice of Sean to help a friend!! I purchased from Sean and I highly recommend him!! Superb communication and an overall pleasure to do business with bounce cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Jack, that's superb news. I can't imagine the feelings that pipe is going to evoke. Roll on Christmas Eve! Yup, pics please (or it didn't happen Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Simple Man wrote:
I had a pipe that was pretty special to me. It was a 1982 Comoy's Christmas Pipe that I bought the year my wife and I got married. A few years ago while going through a particularly hard time, I sold it. I instantly regretted selling that pipe because of the memories attached, but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Anyway, I have always been on the lookout for a replacement but whenever I found one it just didn't look quite like I wanted it to with the grain, etc. Well today, I finally found one on Ebay with beautiful grain and to make the matter even better, it is BRAND SPANKING NEW! I am so excited! I won it tonight and will have it with me soon. I REALLY was not in the market for another pipe yet, but doggone, how often does something like this happen?

I'll be having a very Merry Christmas this year with my old pipe friend. santa Very Happy

PICTURES will follow when I receive it.

cheers cheers bounce cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
Maybe I'll be on the lookout for some good aged Christmas Cheer for that smoke.

Look under Trading Post and you'll see DoverPipes selling old dated tins for a friend of his. If you see a blend you like make a reasonable offer and he will ask his friend. Nice of Sean to help a friend!! I purchased from Sean and I highly recommend him!! Superb communication and an overall pleasure to do business with bounce cheers
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Simple Man / Jack: My friend does have close to 80 tins of Christmas Cheer on hand. Years vary, some are newer tins but all have some age on them. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have a particular year in mind. I'm sure he has everything except for "year one", those are already gone. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: An Old Friend Returns (sort of)   Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Thank you! I will send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

An Old Friend Returns (sort of)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1