HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Night Cap TAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Night Cap TAD   Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:42 pm

I don't know what's gotten into me, but lately I have taken to smoking Gawith Hoggarth rope tobacco as a nightcap. Maybe I have officially joined the dark side?

I found that the trick with this stuff is knowing when to cut myself off. Thankfully I own a BOB POY from 2014. This was the year where Scottie Piersel was carving her pencil stemmed clay briar "Scottie" pipes for forum members and my little smooth Dublin is a perfect tool for the strong tobacco task. The chamber is a smidge over an inch deep with about a 5/8" conical bore. A few rubbed up slices off a rope is practically enough to fill the bowl for a pleasant 20-25 minute smoke and by the time the bowl is ash, I am in perfect shape for bed with no ill-effects. Lately I have had several bowls of Brown Irish X and it's a marvelous smoke. It's inspired me to buy a little more and to try a few of the sweetened/flavored twists.

G&H Rum Twist 2oz
G&H Maple Twist 2oz
G&H Brown Irish X 2oz
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Night Cap TAD   Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Nice score! You will be enjoying that all winter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Night Cap TAD   Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Ohohohho boy, here we go!

Yuppers, a nice little Dutch clay of those blends get me through the night... That Rum Twist goes a long way for me....

The Dark Side? I don't know about that, but the force is strong with that one! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Night Cap TAD   Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:25 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
I don't know what's gotten into me, but lately I have taken to smoking Gawith Hoggarth rope tobacco as a nightcap. Maybe I have officially joined the dark side?

I found that the trick with this stuff is knowing when to cut myself off. Thankfully I own a BOB POY from 2014. This was the year where Scottie Piersel was carving her pencil stemmed clay briar "Scottie" pipes for forum members and my little smooth Dublin is a perfect tool for the strong tobacco task. The chamber is a smidge over an inch deep with about a 5/8" conical bore. A few rubbed up slices off a rope is practically enough to fill the bowl for a pleasant 20-25 minute smoke and by the time the bowl is ash, I am in perfect shape for bed with no ill-effects. Lately I have had several bowls of Brown Irish X and it's a marvelous smoke. It's inspired me to buy a little more and to try a few of the sweetened/flavored twists.

G&H Rum Twist 2oz
G&H Maple Twist 2oz
G&H Brown Irish X 2oz

You're a better man than me Gunga Din!

Exclamation

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Night Cap TAD   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Brewdude wrote:
You're a better man than me Gunga Din!

Exclamation

Cheers,

RR

Rande, Not at all man, not at all.

Trust me, I count myself among the nicotine impaired & I bring a small pipe to the party.

That said, there is something special about a few of these twists, especially the G&H Brown Irish X. It's a flavor that you just can't find in anything else. It's a certain level of intensity that they have. For instance, SG Brown No. 4, (which I don't care for), is the pipe tobacco version of a dry finely ground English/Irish toast snuff with an earthy, smoky, bitter taste and raised-fountain crawl space aroma, with no sweet counter-point. However, G&H Brown Irish X is a revelation, it has the sweet counter point that SG Brown No. 4 is missing. I really don't want the power, but I really want the flavor that these tobaccos deliver, and in order to get that I have to smoke & tread lightly. Unfortunately for now, that means getting in and getting out. Razz Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Night Cap TAD   Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Thistleoak wrote:
Nice score!  You will be enjoying that all winter

Or all week perhaps...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371 Online
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Night Cap TAD   Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Or all week perhaps...

Haha, more like the rest of this year and into spring. A little goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Night Cap TAD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1