HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Questions on old Middleton Blends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Questions on old Middleton Blends   Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Being interested in old blends (or just being a sucker), I recently bought a bunch (12) of old pouches of tobacco (supposedly all from the 60's/70s, some certainly are), if only because I wanted to try two (Larus' 'Jack o'Diamonds' and Fleming-Hall's 'Bowl of Roses'). While I know where I'll be sending 6 of the others, I wonder if anyone knows anything about the actual mixtures of 4 old Middleton brands. (They aren't listed on tobacco reviews.)

Regimental Mixture -- ads for this start by 1941 and continue through at least the 1960s. All the package says is 'A summary of perfection -- aromatic, mild, and blended of the world's most costly tobaccos.'

Club Mixture -- ads for this start by the mid-1930s and continue through at least the 70's. 'Club Mixture is a unique combination of choice imported and domestic tobaccos, producing an exceptionally mild and fragrant smoke.'

Bin 56 -- ads for this also start by the mid-1930s and continue through at least the 70's. 'A naturally rich yet satin smooth pipe tobacco, as different from the ordinary as its unique title -- BIN 56 -- derived from our bin number where we store and mellow this unusual tobacco. Heretofore it has been available only in bulk to a few exclusive clubs and discriminating smokers who have proclaimed it "Truly a blend of connoisseur perfection."

Philadelphia Mixture -- no ads, just old tins etc. for sale. No extravagant blurb this time, just 'A mild pipe tobacco blended from an old formula.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Questions on old Middleton Blends   Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Sounds interesting DrT. Perhaps Hufflepuff Jim will chime in here since he seems to be dialed into old OTC blends.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions on old Middleton Blends   Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Sounds interesting DrT. Perhaps Hufflepuff Jim will chime in here since he seems to be dialed into old OTC blends.

Cheers,

RR

I can only hope! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999

Questions on old Middleton Blends
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1