HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 9:20 am

Aside from a loving family surrounding me today, I am thankful for the many friends I have made on his site. You all are the finest bunch of characters with whom I could ever want to spend my time.

Next week I’ll turn the corner on 70 years which is something I never thought I’d do. I continue in reasonable health for my age. My numerous conditions, complaints, illnesses, syndromes and maladies are pretty well controlled by the medications I take on a daily basis. So I’ll also throw out a second big THANKS to doctors...mine as well as yours. Perhaps of interest, I grew up in a medical family. My dad was an M.D. He served during WWII - went into North Africa with a Field Hospital unit, then up through Italy and eventually into France. He then practiced for the rest of his life as a real “Country Doctor” in rural Oregon. Quite a different world than we know today. I too served in the Army’s Medical Corps, in Vietnam Nam and stateside. Then numerous years in as the only male nurse in an SICU. And having spent much of my life around medical folks of all kinds I can honestly say their professions are among the most noble. Again, as fine a population as there is anywhere.

Early this year I donated to a Go Fund Me thing for a local State Trooper who was hit by five bullets by a killer during a gun battle along a state highway. He took out the killer, saving the lives of numerous citizens. Many surgeries later he is still recovering. So my third and last big THANK YOU goes out to all the first responders out there putting their lives on the line every day so that all of us can lead safe lives.

That’s my BIG THREE this Thanksgiving Day. Do you see a big similarity? All of ‘em are groups of people that are the best among us. People caring for and helping other people.

How about y’all? Any somethin’ somethin’ that you care to give a shout out about? If so, this is the thread and today’s the day.

View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 9:36 am

"Grummmmmmble..................Where the heck is the Like button?"

Happy Thanksgiving All! sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 9:40 am

Oh! And DOGS. A big THANKS for dogs. Cats you can have...they’re all pretty dang sketchy. But DOGS? Yeah, they’re special friends to us all.

View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 10:06 am

Family and friends,,,although some of them are a pain in the butt, most of them show up when the SHTF.

Freedom,,,say what you will and grumble all you want, there's no place better than the land of the free and home of the brave.

Gotta agree with Blackhorse on the dogs. Special friends.

I hope your day is a pleasant one.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 10:21 am

Oh! And PIE! Thankful for the pie. Pecan, Apple, Pumpkin, Chocolate Cream, Marionberry, Lemon...love ‘em all. And the Whipped and/or Ice Cream that goes with ‘em. Yeah Baby. God bless the pie.

View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 10:53 am

Thankful for my wife and 2 granddaughters, who we are raising and who, for all practical purposes, are my daughters. We have had them eleven years this spring, been their legal guardians for ten years now. I'm rather old to be doing this all over again (already raised three of my own before these two came along) and on a great many days all that entails raising daughters simply overwhelms and wears me out. But I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm blessed. My wife recently had a heart attack and underwent heart surgery and has pulled through like a champ. There's been a whole lot of 'Grateful for my family' lately.

Thankful for my job. It is hard and stressful with long hours and I'm getting to the point where, at my age, I'm wondering just how much longer I can continue doing it, but it pays rather well and has wonderful benefits and honestly my family would suffer greatly without it. For this job, and for the ability to keep doing it against the odds, I am truly grateful.

I'm all for being thankful for pie and dogs too Very Happy

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 12:23 pm

I guess I'm thankful for each new day. Each one is full of opportunities, lessons, dogs and potential for pie. Some days are fire, some the hammer, and others quenching. All together they make me a finer piece, sharper, stronger.

The folks here, and elsewhere, all play integral parts in this show as well, whether hero's or villains, or somewhere in between. I see something of myself in everyone.

Thanks folks, and happy Thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 1:26 pm

I’m thankful for all the blessings God saw fit to rain down on me this year. A lot of great things have happened in my life and in my family that I am very grateful for.
My marriage to my wife, the birth of a new son, the opportunity to buy a new home and all the great things happening in our country this year. We have freedom, prosperity and hope for the first time in forever it seems. God bless you all, and the U.S.A. Happy thanksgiving fellas (and ladies)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 1:42 pm

I'm thankful for my Wife and Kids and the rest of my family. I'm Thankful for all the creator has given me, both the good and the bad. The good for obvious reasons, the bad for helping to mold me into what I am. I'm thankful for the friends and family I have made here on the BoB. Love and Blessings to you all. I give thanks to unknown blessings already on their way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 2:08 pm

Thistleoak sez...”I give thanks to unknown blessings already on their way.”

Now THERE is a great attitude! Reminds me of...For I know the plans I have for you, hope and a future...or something close.

View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 2:09 pm

I'm thankful that the FDA hasn't started really cracking down on pipe tobaccos yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 3:00 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Now THERE is a great attitude!  Reminds me of...For I know the plans I have for you, hope and a future...or something close.

It was Chief Seattle who gets credit for that one, I just know I started living that code when I got my second chance... Almost snuffing it makes a man think cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 5:52 pm

Thistleoak wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

Now THERE is a great attitude!  Reminds me of...For I know the plans I have for you, hope and a future...or something close.

It was Chief Seattle who gets credit for that one, I just know I started living that code when I got my second chance... Almost snuffing it makes a man think cheers

Ah, snuffing. Yes, like the first time I tried a mentholated SG snuff. Seemed like it took forever to get my left eye back in it's socket. Definitely makes one think about one's attitude towards the future!

Dying, on the other hand, seems to happen as regularly as living. That glorious threshold moment stepping through between the realms always got my thoughts racing! Sometimes I wonder how I'll go the next time, either into life or death. What scene, act, and if there are new players, or just the same ones in different costumes.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 5:56 pm

Dying, on the other hand, seems to happen as regularly as living. That glorious threshold moment stepping through between the realms always got my thoughts racing! Sometimes I wonder how I'll go the next time, either into life or death. What scene, act, and if there are new players, or just the same ones in different costumes....

This is why we are friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...   Yesterday at 8:33 pm

And I am truly thankful for several important things, to me anyway.

Being involved in a career that has spanned almost 30 years now, and one which I have a passion for even after all this time. It's been worth all the aggro and sacrifice. Sadly that will be coming to a close shortly as I plan to retire relatively soon.

My other passion is the pursuit of music - playing, creating, recording, and sharing it. While many of my past contemporaries have traded in their blue suede shoes long ago for whatever reason, I feel blessed to be able to continue to create and not be encumbered with the physical maladies that sometimes accompany.

Yes, I'm also grateful for my health. While I do have some issues they are under control. I'm continually reminded of those that are less fortunate and at a younger age as well.

Finally, I'm grateful for the interaction of all here on the board over the years. Thanks for putting up with me.

I also love dogs, just don't have one right now. That will change after retirement and relocation.

afro

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

I am truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING DAY...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1