HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

keep alex in your thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:02 pm

alex was in the hospital with what he said was nerve damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Oh don't worry, Doc said it was some slight nerve damage coming off my spine from scar tissue ,left leg is deciding to take random "Naps " on me. Sent the boy out to cut me a cane out of hickory to walk with till I get it sorted out. I'm 220 lbs of Spring steel and raw hide, I've faced down way worse than this. Not gonna lie, that ER trip late last night sucked though. Don't worry I'll be fine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Alex, just try not to do anything to aggravate it. (As if you didn't already have that figured out).

ER's always suck. Been there, done that!

Evil or Very Mad

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:58 pm

dont scare me like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:03 pm

i peraonly refuse tp go to er or doctor but thats my personally choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Duplicate post, never mind. The department of Redundancy Department will fill out the appropriate forms, in triplicate. Of course, it has to be approved by the Department of Procrastination, which assures us they will get to it presently. The Oracle will only say "soon"....

Last edited by Ozark Wizard on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Well, they both can cost a lot of money! But like they say, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Take care of yourself thistleoak. Pace the gage. Maybe some of these old guys can explain it better than I.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:36 am

Here’s hoping you feel a whole lot better very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:41 am

Alex,

You had better take things easy young Man. Or, my old ass will have to drive a couple of hours North to straighten you out! lol!

Seriously, take things easy for a little while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

As an old hand with nerve damage let me just say whatever the hell you were doing!!!!! Don't do it again!!!!!!!! Seriously! You have to watch your posture, how and what you lift, how and where you sit. Its all interconnected brother and you slip up you will pay dearly for it. Take things slow and easy and you'll soon be back to some semblance of normal or normal for you. I do know what I'm on about too so don't think I'm playing. I haven't been able to touch my face with my right hand in nearly 20 years because I didn't listen to my body or the drs. Feel better soon

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 am

Hey Navy Flake.... what if I'm just bad enough to break the rules and not hurt myself or make condition worse ... would yah still drive up and hang out for a bowl or two??? jocolor Believe me everyone I will be listening to the doctor on this as I know the dangers and life changing possibilities it has if I don't. They didn't even fight me when I said I wasn't taking time off work. But I did have to promise my Family doctor who stopped by my house yesterday that if I got worse I come to him and take time off., this conversation took place as he and I smoked a pipe, I offered him the use of my Sav and he took me up on it.... I was surprised and Delighted , my wife put the kettle on and serves us tea as well. My doc told me how proud of me he was , as he got me as a patient when I was just "Knee high to a Grasshopper" and he got to watch me grow up , that he was there at my first communion and my conformation ( his daughters were in my catechism class) and being he had been my Doctor and a friend of the family for years it would be a great disservice if he didn't remind me I have a great work ethic but I'm busting my body in an industry that would have me replaced with in a week if I had something life changing happen to me such as worsening of my current condition. That last part stung a lot, but I did need to hear it. I was raised to be a hard worker and take pride in what I do for a living, but the world will not stop if I cripple myself, it will continue to go on as I sit in what ever pain I'm in, this is BIG medicine I need to remember. I have had this condition going on and off for me for years, reason I went to ER was that I was coming down stairs at my house and me leg went dead , my hands were full of Christmas decorations so I wasn't able to catch myself and fell down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: keep alex in your thoughts    Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Thistleoak wrote:
Hey Navy Flake.... what if I'm just bad enough to break the rules and not hurt myself or make condition worse ... would yah still drive up and hang out for a bowl or two??? jocolor  Believe me everyone I will be listening to the doctor on this as I know the dangers and life changing possibilities it has if I don't.  They didn't even fight me when I said I wasn't taking time off work. But I did have to promise my Family doctor who stopped by my house yesterday that if I got worse I come to him and take time off., this conversation took place as he and I smoked a pipe, I offered him the use of my Sav and he took me up on it.... I was  surprised and Delighted , my wife put the kettle on and serves us tea as well.  My doc told me how proud of me he was , as he got me as a patient when I was just "Knee high to a Grasshopper" and he got to watch me grow up , that he was there at my first communion and my conformation ( his daughters were in my catechism class) and being he had been my Doctor and a friend of the family for years it would be a great disservice if he didn't remind me I have a great work ethic but I'm busting my body in an industry that would have me replaced with in a week if I had something life changing happen to me such as worsening of my current condition.   That last part stung a lot, but I did need to hear it.  I was raised to be a hard worker and take pride in what I do for a living, but the world will not stop if I cripple myself, it will continue to go on as I sit in what ever pain I'm in, this is BIG medicine I need to remember. I have had this condition going on and off for me for years, reason I went to ER was that I was coming down stairs at my house and me leg went dead , my hands were full of Christmas decorations so I wasn't able to catch myself and fell down the stairs.  

You may be surprised where this old sailor will show up. In the meantime, heal up young Man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake

keep alex in your thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1