Dreams of Kadath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 am

I got this a while back, based purely on the description, and the fact it's a plug.

This is some really good stuff!

Lots of plum, raisin, and brown sugar influences. Not at all what I expected, and the better for it IMHO.

I know, I know, C&D. Mold? Not yet. Of course, as soon as I got it, I opened it and keep it in a clear glass jar and watch it for growth. So far, it only seems to be getting smaller:lol:

Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 12:42 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I opened it and keep it in a clear glass jar and watch it for growth. So far, it only seems to be getting smallerLaughing

Hahaha...

I have a tin. I have every intent on cracking it really soon, as it's one I expect to love. Thanks for the info Ozzy. Especially valuable coming from someone with blending chops.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Cold Smoke

Cold Smoke

Registration date : 2016-09-04

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 8:18 am

Just went looking for a tin or two based on this recommendation.
It appears to be sold out everywhere.
Too bad. It sounds delicious.
Back to top Go down
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 pm

I recently picked up a tin and I'm glad I did since it seems to be scarce now. I picked up the Awakened Elder too but have yet to sample either of them.
Back to top Go down
ak2000

ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 pm

I didn't get much flavor complexity smoking from a fresh tin. Will revisit after it's been in the jar for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 11:04 pm

Quote :
...this this a softly-packed plug rather than a crumble cake. The mild topping strikes me as black raspberry or perhaps blackberry; noticeable especially in the first 2/3 of the bowl but not the primary flavor. A very pleasant autumn blend.

Extract from my review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 am

Is this something I should leave in the tin for a while, or because of recent C&D issues should I open them up and put them in a jar?
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 4:21 am

WandererOfWeirdPaths wrote:
Is this something I should leave in the tin for a while, or because of recent C&D issues should I open them up and put them in a jar?

I'd leave it in the tin if it's sealed. However, if the tin puffs up it might indicate that something is up with it. I have a good amount of well aged GLP tobaccos that are a little puffed up, this is normal. But fresh production tins that are bulging has been a good indication of molding.
Back to top Go down
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Dreams of Kadath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Kadath   Dreams of Kadath EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 pm

This is the one I'm most excited about in the new line (and not just because it has a cat from Ulthar on the tin)...and so of course it's the one that's out of stock! Soon, my precious plug, soooooon.
Back to top Go down

Dreams of Kadath
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: