HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review. Empty
PostSubject: Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review.   Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review. EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks to the ever generous Dr. T for the sample! Very Happy

The grassy, citrusy Virginia forms the base for the other components to shine, and I consider it to be a team player. The lightly smoky, woody sweet and floral Katerini also has a spice note as an important supporting player, though it doesn’t over take the other varietals. The nutty, woody, earthy, lightly sweet burley and the woody, nutty, dry and mildly spicy dark fired Kentucky are condiments. The overall spice level is fairly mild. The unsweetened black cavendish provides a little smoothing brown sugar. The raisiny, plummy, lightly spicy perique mostly plays a background role. The strength is just past medium and the taste level is a hair past that. The nic-hit is in the center of mild to medium. No chance of bite or harshness, and has no rough edges. Burns cool, clean, and a little slow as plug tobaccos will do. The nuanced flavors are very consistent from start to finish which is a hallmark of a well blended product. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a pleasant after taste. Not quite an all day smoke, but it is certainly repeatable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review.   Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review. EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

I picked up a tin of this not long ago, and I sure am excited to try it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review.   Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review. EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 am

WandererOfWeirdPaths wrote:
I picked up a tin of this not long ago, and I sure am excited to try it out.

I'll be interested to hear what you think when you try it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review.   Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review. EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm

This sounds absolutely delightful. Wanderer I hope you enjoy your tin!
Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's C&D Dreams of Kadath Review.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: