HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 am

After travelling for the last week on vacation, I returned home to cold weather and cold and flu symptoms. Going to take a break from pipe smoking for awhile for health reasons as well as due to the overall cold weather conditions here at home.

Best regards,
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am

Out of commission. Me too. Can't taste a damn thing, so what's the point of smoking a pipe? Day after day of mucus city, coughing my ass off, wheezing at night, no appetite, and weird aches make one want to reach for a gun. But no pipe smoking is the worst.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:02 pm

I hope both of you feel better soon. May I ask if you got flu shots? I did back in Oct and so far, so good, knock knock. I did have a nasty head cold back in Nov, but thereís no shot for that. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:08 pm

Get better soon guys, the flu sucks big time.†

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Supposedly the flu has already killed over 50 folks in WA state alone this season. Scary stuff!

monkey

No Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6 †
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Navyflake

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:19 pm

KevinM wrote:
I hope both of you feel better soon. May I ask if you got flu shots? †I did back in Oct and so far, so good, knock knock. I did have a nasty head cold back in Nov, but thereís no shot for that. Good luck.

I haven't gotten a flu shot for the last 24 years after leaving the Navy. It was mandatory for my command back then. And back then, I got sick with the flu every year.

Since not getting the shots, I've had the flu maybe 5 times in 24 years. This year I had the crud, nothing more. I'm still recovering after almost 3 weeks now without a pipe. I couldn't fully enjoy a bowl probably for a few more days. I'm thinking maybe Friday will be the day.

Thanks fellas for all the good wishes, it brightens a guy's spirits around here.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Hope you are feeling in peak form soon sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Navyflake

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Update: First bowl this morning in almost a month. Still not 100% over the crud but the bowl of St. James Flake with black coffee today tasted quite good.

Supposed to be 50 degrees here in the mitten State. sunny
Back to top Go down
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Navyflake wrote:
Update: First bowl this morning in almost a month. Still not 100% over the crud but the bowl of St. James Flake with black coffee today tasted quite good.

Supposed to be 50 degrees here in the mitten State. sunny

Good to hear. Itís surprising how good that first bowl tastes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....
Page 1 of 1