HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What are you smoking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Well this second surgery I just had (friday) went so much better than the first. Aside from some general soreness I feel pretty darned good. Am parking my butt on the couch to watch golf all day and starting off with the Euro Stanwell Royal Guard 252 filled with a Bluegrass Melody/BPC mix. Cool

Islander

Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Hey PD -

Hope the shoulder's coming around after the first surgery and that this one works out well for you. I noticed the BPC - glad I'm among those who enjoy Peretti's blends. I drop by there when up in Boston - about an hour north of me.

Given the inspiration, I think I'll fire up some 333 in a Pete Killarney 106.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Puff,
What did you have corrected? I'm having shoulder issues as well but surgery is something I haven't contemplated.

Squadron Leader (I love this stuff) in a bent brandy smooth Ruthenberg. Too lazy to get up and brew some coffee or tea. Forcing myself to lay around the house today (only day off this week).
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:14 pm

I had shoulder surgery in december to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff and again this past friday to remove scar tissue (that resulted from the first surgery) and to manipulate the partially frozen shoulder (i.e. force it to move under anesthesia). Wasn't an elective surgery, was one of those 'Had no choice' operations.

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I had shoulder surgery in december to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff and again this past friday to remove scar tissue (that resulted from the first surgery) and to manipulate the partially frozen shoulder (i.e. force it to move under anesthesia). Wasn't an elective surgery, was one of those 'Had no choice' operations.

Mine is some kind of pre-existing thing. I will try orthroscopic first. I don't think I have anything torn, but I know something is wrong with my rotator cuff. I discuss it more with my doctor on my next visit. Thanks for the info. Glad you're feeling good, bud. Obviously mine is small potatos in comparison.
Back to top Go down
regor

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Good luck with the shoulder operation. Getting ready to lite a bowl of Exhausted Rooster in a Danish made Ben Wade. Its a great smoker especially with va's which is about alll I smoke. For some reason I can't taste latakia because of the meds I have to take, I sure miss it but it leaves a total blank spot when I try it. IMHO it is shame because I use to smoke quite a bit of it Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NSPiper

Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Puff, I hope you get better soon. Take it easy and enjoy your smokes....

96 Crop McCranie's Red Ribbon in an Ingo Garbe Stack Billiard.

Cheers
Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:22 pm

After some T-bones on the grill with shrimp scampi with a nice Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon I enjoyed some GLP Westminster in my monster Ben Wade freehand. I bought ten 2 oz cans about 10-months ago (gave 2 away to a couple of friends to try). Still a little wet, but only had to relight 4-5 times. Tamped often. It was a good smoke on the back deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 pm

I had Sirloins steaks for lunch, expecting a few people, but they didn't make it. So I had steak sandwiches for dinner. Not puffing on som Skandinavik in a Ruthenberg Canadian, sipping a GUINESS.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Habana Daydream on top, Carter Hall in the bottom,,,BOTTOM OF THE PIPE !!!,,,,in my corncob

PB, speedy recovery brother,,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Late night smoker   Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 pm

Hey all,

Closing the eve with Epiphany in a Ser Jac Picta......My first post here- and I raise this bowl to all you fine Gentlemen. May this new week treat you all well..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:14 am

Earlier this eve I had a nice bowl of haunted bookshop in a Peterson system standard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:49 am

Started the day early this morning with an outstanding bowl of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Shellcraft bent billiard. Just outstanding!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

Good Morning all,

McC 5120 in a Lorenzetti nero

-6c going up to +4c

Smile Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Hello,
I normally don't get to smoke at work, but I was sent on an errand to fetch a bottle of water for the staff.

Filled up a cob with Tinderbox's Sherlock's Choice and took my time driving to and fro.

Life is good, my friends!

How do non-smokers enjoy their breaks? Chew gum?
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Loading a bowl of Walnut in a Perry Mountain Laurel Poker. I don't know why Mountain Laurel hasn't caught on more as a regular choice for pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Texas Outlaw wrote:
Hello,
I normally don't get to smoke at work, but I was sent on an errand to fetch a bottle of water for the staff.

Filled up a cob with Tinderbox's Sherlock's Choice and took my time driving to and fro.

How is the sherlocks choice? I have an affinity for things holmes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Aaron wrote:
Texas Outlaw wrote:
Hello,

If I may- I believe Sherlocks choice is Lane HGL....Or so I have heard. It's a good blend......
I too am a great fan of ACD and all things Holmesian.....It always struck me that C&D Guilford Courthouse would have been a favortie. Not in the name, but in the Virginia Oriental mixture. Yale mix pressed is a very very close clone of the Craven mixture which would have been right for the time...Just my .02....
Smoking for Captain Bob in a Peterson Meer. First bowl of this and frankly it's fascinating in it's oddness. Much like Revvelation or Epiphany...Perhaps a bit less latakia....With a Grape topnote!!! Crazy- But VERY tasty..... pirat
Back to top Go down
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Afternoon All, The last of my '03 Ennerdale Flake, in my Tim Hynick Freehand, Ken. Crying or Very sad tongue
Pacem en Puffing! tongue From The Northeast Kingdom! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 pm

For my journey home today, I'll partake of some Stokkebye Navy Flake in my Bent Boswell.
Back to top Go down
paddy-boy

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:08 pm

McConnell's Oriental in a pete dublin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 pm

I just finished off a bowl of maltese falcon, the blend that ushered me into the world of english tobacco, in a stanwell golden danish 186. It was like running into an old friend I hadn't seen in some time and having a nice long chat. I forgot how much I like this blend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Aaron wrote:
Texas Outlaw wrote:
Hello,

I bought several Tinderbox blends to try out. I didn't like any of them. this one is close to palatable. The other forum claimed it was a copy of Stockebye's Proper English, but i can assure you, my friend, this is no Proper English which I buy pounds at a time.

What I do with blends I don't like is throw them in the car because when I'm desperate A tobacco is better than NO tobacco; it seems to have improved by sitting in the car. Actually I like it better in a cob than in briar.

I would skip this blend.
Back to top Go down
Yooper

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 pm

I've been breaking in a pair of B5 Petersons lately, a Killarney p-lip and a Rosslare fishtail. Just now, it's Marlin flake in the Rosslare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Even' All, Exhausted Rooster '08 in my Ashton LX Paneled Billard I got From Dock, Ken. tongue
Pacem en Puffing! tongue From The Northeast Kingdom! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are you smoking?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next