HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 pm

15 minute serve time!!!!! That is a really tall order Rande. I spent a few years working in a professional kitchen and I know just how hard that's going to be. Stand firm though it can be done. Yes there will be set backs and I'm sure the crew will express discouragement but once things click it will seem like child's play.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:32 am

Long ticket times aren't the enemy. My secret was to keep the guests engaged. Time passes without them knowing. Also, people don't mind waiting an extra minute or two if it means they are assured of getting fresh, real food... it also helps if they have full drinks!

Let us not forget a real advantage of the "brewpub" format: if anyone starts to slip away (figuratively) bring a round of beer! 14 cents worth of product to save the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkman

Registration date : 2017-09-23

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:33 am

Congratulations on the sale of your brewery and your pending retirement. It sounds like the business is in good hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Just a quick post to say that today I had the pleasure of trying the new menu offering of Fish & Chips (previously being not available). Our new Tap Room manager made this special for myself, and my two other production guys.

Have to say it was a winner in all respects! The batter was crispy,
the fish cooked to perfection without being mushy with a good firm
texture, and not greasy in any way.

The fries were also great. Not under nor overcooked. Good texture once again.

He served it with a new coleslaw which makes use of vinegar. And the
makeup of the slaw was quite different from before. It's a real "home
made" slaw now, instead of some generic offering. Distinctive in a
good way.

In addition, he served a unique tarter sauce. Not your usual out of
the jar generic stuff, this had a flavour more of fresh made
mayonnaise with a continental flair. The fries were perfect dipped in
this.

Of course he served Malt Vinegar with this, and it's what I used on
both the fish and the chips.

All to say I'm very impressed with this and believe it will be a big
hit with the customers. Kudos to our Tap Room manager, and he has many more offerings in the works, to be launched on (or approximately) 4/1. Appropriately April's Fool's Day!

jocolor

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:02 am

Sounds like they have things well in hand. Fish and Chips is deceptive. It seems like such an easy dish but there are so many ways to really screw it up. Hope the other dishes come out as well.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSteve

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Brewdude wrote:
I'll play more guitar, write more material, join a part-time band, maybe so a solo act at coffee houses.
Cheers, RR

Wow! I simply cannot believe how quickly the years have flown by. On the old JR bbs, you were a kid of 45; now talking retirement. It's like The Blues Bros., you're putting the old band together. Of course, if your bandmates are age contemporaries, it is putting the OLD band together. I'm now approaching nineteen years, retired...hard to believe, even for me. Enjoy your retirement, but...if you're still enjoying what you're currently doing, negotiate a little part time work.
Best Wishes.
Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:57 am

RSteve wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
I'll play more guitar, write more material, join a part-time band, maybe so a solo act at coffee houses.
Cheers, RR

Wow! I simply cannot believe how quickly the years have flown by. On the old JR bbs, you were a kid of 45; now talking retirement. It's like The Blues Bros., you're putting the old band together. Of course, if your bandmates are age contemporaries, it is putting the OLD band together. I'm now approaching nineteen years, retired...hard to believe, even for me. Enjoy your retirement, but...if you're still enjoying what you're currently doing, negotiate a little part time work.
Best Wishes.
Steve

Hey Steve

Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. Time waits for no man, so it seems! And sure, I might see if a local brewery in my new area needs a part-time keg washer!

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
RSteve

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Brewdude wrote:

Hey Steve, Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. Time waits for no man, so it seems! And sure, I might see if a local brewery in my new area needs a part-time keg washer!

Cheers,  RR

Time waits for no man  
Now that's a little scary. Average male life expectancy in the U.S. is 76.1 years. I ain't got a helluva lotta time left...on average.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:42 pm

RSteve wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

Hey Steve, Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. Time waits for no man, so it seems! And sure, I might see if a local brewery in my new area needs a part-time keg washer!

Cheers,  RR

Time waits for no man  
Now that's a little scary. Average male life expectancy in the U.S. is 76.1 years. I ain't got a helluva lotta time left...on average.

Oh, fiddlesticks. You've been doing pretty good as far as I remember from the HP days. Yes you've had some health issues, but don't we all as we grow older. More than that I won't mention here, but I do remember them.

I sure would like for you to be more active on this board. In particular for your social experiences and stories which you seem to spin so well. Wink

As you'll be aware, I didn't join the board that followed the demise of HP. There's a lot of good folks over there and I hope they're all doing great. A few of them are also here on BoB. And yes, I do recall the days at the JRBB. That was a wild ride while it lasted!

Don't be a stranger here Steve. You're good peeps in my book.

king

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Finally, the press release is now being circulated and made public. And it's not like the brewing community around these parts didn't already know about it for some time.

It's just down to the timing and the "official" transition of transfer of ownership which can only happen after an exhaustive period which involves federal and state licenses that require much paperwork and the time that takes.

Here's one blogger's account and it's reasonably accurate-

http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/big-changes-at-snoqualmie-falls-brewing-company

The changes listed are all positive in my view, and will continue to be going forward. The new owners have a clear vision of what it will take to take Snoqualmie Falls Brewing to the next level. And they have the wherewithal to achieve this.

I'm really pleased to have been an integral part of this, virtually from the beginning. I was the first employee, starting Jan '98 and fresh from Pyramid Brewing, Inc, where I ended my 8-yr stint there as Corporate Brewmaster.

Snoqualmie Falls Brewing at that time was a very small and local operation, and I was the sole employee for many years. It gave me a chance to get back into the boots and rediscover why I got into this crazy biz some 30 yrs ago, when I signed on at Sprecher Brewing in Mil, WI in Sept, '88.

It's been a wild ride, and I don't want to go into too much detail here. Suffice to say that I still enjoy each and every day at the brewery. It's a way of life for me, a way of being, a way I define myself.

All to say that in a few months I plan to retire (as if you didn't know this already, unless you haven't been watching), and the next chapter of my life will begin.

Big steps. Scary. But it's time.

I'll always be a brewer. And a musician. Not necessarily in that order.

sunny

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri May 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Oh boy, I used to put down a lot of Pyramid brews! I miss those.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri May 25, 2018 10:49 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Oh boy, I used to put down a lot of Pyramid brews! I miss those.....

They're no longer what they were under my watch Ozzie. Time moves on...

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:52 pm

The work on the beer garden is progressing nicely. We hope to have it open by the end of this month. I'll try and provide pics as they appear through our website as I don't have a digital camera. Pretty dang exciting!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:38 pm

The beer garden project is progressing nicely. Today the slab gets poured and the wood structure is all but finished. Plus the most excellent mural on that side of the building is virtually complete. It looks amazing! I'll post pics when I can.

And the mural artist will start on the frontage soon. This is some way cool stuff, and it takes a lot to impress me!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
SkagitSmoke

Registration date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Rande, I haven't been on BOB for the past few months as I've been starting up a new firm. Big congrats to you and the team. As a CPA, nothing is more satisfying than working with clients through the transition of a business they have worked so hard to build. I'm excited to taste and see the changes to come from Snoqualmie.

Will you still be involved in judging following your retirement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm

SkagitSmoke wrote:
Rande, I haven't been on BOB for the past few months as I've been starting up a new firm. Big congrats to you and the team. As a CPA, nothing is more satisfying than working with clients through the transition of a business they have worked so hard to build. I'm excited to taste and see the changes to come from Snoqualmie.

Will you still be involved in judging following your retirement.

Chris, long time eh? Glad to see you round these parts again.

I'll try and stay in the judging game when I'm relocated. I'll have to miss the Puyallup judging coming up at the end of Aug though. Been doing that annually for the past 28 years.

Sno falls will continue to go forward and do great things. I'm leaving it in good hands as my lead brewer Kevin will be stepping into the drivers seat in a month and he is well qualified. I feel good about the transition.

And the new owners have the best of intentions and also the do-re-mi. All to say that this is the perfect time for my exit. I will leave with no regrets.

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Here's a c&p from another thread which continues this adventure-

I've been tardy on my updates, so here's the belated version-

Closed on the Sun City house this past Monday, and I now have the deed PAID IN FULL! So now I own 2 houses (YIKES), yet am hoping to shed one of them in a month or so. More on that later.

Set up accounts at all the new utility companies in AZ and am getting the locks changed on the new house. Made my final plans for the physical move (no small task) - too much to type and too many details.

Suffice to say that I'll be taking occupancy sometime in mid - Aug. My last day at the brewery is the end of the month (July 31), so officially on Aug 1st I'll be retired.

affraid

And what a totally weird concept that is to me, even though the date approaches soon. It's like it hasn't sunk in yet or something. My life for 30 yrs has been defined by being a brewer and I've enjoyed each and every day whether good or bad. And now it's time to cut it free.

And yes this is a conscious decision I made about a year ago. I'm not being forced out by the new brewery ownership - in fact they would very much prefer that I stay on. I've considered this again and again, but this decision is the right one for me.

The new ownership brings much to the table. They are 101% dedicated to seeing Snoqualmie Falls Brewing grow and prosper. And the new beer garden (which is set to open this weekend) is a testament to that, as well as the improvements to the kitchen, menu, Tap Room cosmetics, and much else. In short they are in for the big picture. Good peeps.

So I feel that I will leave on an up note, confident that the company, the products (which are virtually all mine), will go forth and prosper. I leave with no regrets. So enough about all that....

I'm chipping away at the packing, discarding, recycling, etc, in preparation for the physical move. This week I've been focused on pipes/'baccy/accessories. Now at a point where I have that pretty much under control. Just leaving out enough to get me through the next month or so.

Much to go through yet, but a few hrs after work is getting 'er done. And I'll have a full week or so after I officially retire to perform the final-final packing, leaving only the loading to do. Should be in good shape.

More later............

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 pm

The beer garden is set to open this weekend. It looks way great, and the staff is prepared to deal with the new procedures.

This is happening amid the annual local event of "Thomas the Tank Engine", which brings literally thousands of little kids and their parents to town.

This event has been going on for at least 10 yrs, and the 2 weekend event is a great boon to our Tap Room. At the same time it brings much pressure on the staff to keep up with the onslaught of whiny little kids and their harried parents!

So this will be a shakedown voyage to see if the staff can cope. Many new hires will be tested as never before. Glad I'm not directly involved as all production needs to do is supply the beer and Root Beer. We have that handled!

Ringo Starr is the owner of "Thomas the Tank Engine" but he doesn't make  personal appearance.

bom

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Reports are in that the Tap Room had a record weekend with the "Thomas the Tank Engine" event plus opening up the beer garden. The weather was picture perfect. Warm and sunny.

The kitchen also coped well with ticket times. So it looks like the shakedown cruise/trial by fire went very well, all things considering. No doubt the staff was overworked and taxed by all the screaming/whining little kids and their harried parents, but then again they made out good in tips.

There may be pics on the brewery facebook page, but as I don't play there I cannot post any.

In any case this looks like a home run!

cherry

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Sounds like fun! Well, perhaps sans the madding crowds and childhood madness! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Had our first canning run yesterday.

A mobile canning company came in and we packaged up about 200 cs/ea of 2 flavors. Went pretty good in all respects though it was a very long day!

Gotta say I'm quite impressed by the performance of these machines. The crew from the canning company really knew their stuff and were very professional.

So now our distributor will have the long awaited canned beer as well as the Root Beer we had canned under contract.

bom

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Root beer? cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:45 am

Do the aluminium tariffs affect the cost of canned beer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks for the updates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!   Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Bub wrote:
Do the aluminium tariffs affect the cost of canned beer?

Don't know. Actually not sure if the aluminum is domestic or imported.

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down

PSA - my brewery is under new ownership!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next