HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ak2000

ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Empty
PostSubject: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Anybody like this baccy? Gives me terrible bite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Falcon Puffer

Falcon Puffer

Registration date : 2018-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 8:13 pm

I thought it was okay, but not more. Very similar to Marlin Flake -they're both fairly sweet and dark. I like their Classic Virginia and their Red Virginia Flake better. And, of course, their Burley Slice is a winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Had it. Liked it. Found it was better with age. Didn't bite me, but there again I'm primarily a 'ginny guy.

Cheers,

RR

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Purple11x 2Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Bombx10  Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Bombx5Wessex Campaign Dark Flake D6bddf10 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Good stuff! Cool  

If you want something slightly milder but in the same ballpark, you might give Solani Silver Flake a try. It's a totally underrated tabac IMO.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

ak2000

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 10:40 pm

I jarred up a tin of Silver Flake several months ago and need to revisit. I thought it was extremely mild with little flavor right out of the tin though.
Back to top Go down
cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 5:27 pm

I love BCDF and smoke it on a regular basis. I have never found it to bite even when I smoke it moist out of the tin. I would suggest drying the tobacco some and sipping slowly on your pipe. It is one of the least bitey VA's I have come across. Maybe a different pipe would help as well. Some blends just work better in some pipes and I have never figured out the why to that one.

I always smoke mine in a group 4-5 sized pipe and usually in Dublins, Apples and Billiards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 pm

I find it to be very enjoyable and have never experienced any bite from it. Here's my review:

A very rich tasting medium strength dark Virginia. Earthy with some hay/grass notes to go with the natural dark stewed fruit sweetness of the Virginia. Some sugar, molasses, and the barest hint of spice in the flavor mix doesn't make this a complex flake, but it may make it a satisfying experience for the dark Virginia connoisseur. Due to the topping, it's sweeter than your average dark Va. without detracting much from the tobacco. Has a slightly more than mild nic-hit. It never bites or gets harsh, no matter how much you push it, and has a very consistent taste all the way through. Depending upon your preference, it may need a light dry time. Burns clean, cool and smooth at a reasonable rate for a broken flake. Leaves very little moisture in the bowl. Needs slightly more than an average number of relights. Has a nice after taste, and room note. An all day smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

ak2000

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 pm

I didn't find this tobacco to be overly moist at all, pretty much the right dryness for packing right out of the tin. I should have prefaced my post knowing that I have bite issues with many Virginias. Seems to be a personal sensitivity thing.
Back to top Go down
Natch

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:27 pm

I also enjoy it. Was able to trade for several tins a few years back, so they have some pretty good age on them now. Just cracked a tin last month and if I control my cravings, (highly unlikely) I should be able to pace it out for another month or so.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptySat May 19, 2018 8:16 pm

I have a tin just waiting to be cracked. Almost did but going to finish a jar of McLelland Red & Black. I have high hopes for this one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptySat May 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Old Nate wrote:
I have a tin just waiting to be cracked. Almost did but going to finish a jar of McLelland Red & Black. I have high hopes for this one!

Hey, it's an Old Nate sighting!

Welcome back to the fold brother!

Basketball

Cheers,

RR

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Purple11x 2Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Bombx10  Wessex Campaign Dark Flake Bombx5Wessex Campaign Dark Flake D6bddf10 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptySat May 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Was gifted a sample and I thought it excellent, no bite. Gonna pick up a tin if I ever come across it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Wessex Campaign Dark Flake   Wessex Campaign Dark Flake EmptySat May 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Old Nate wrote:

Hey, it's an Old Nate sighting!

Welcome back to the fold brother!

Basketball

Cheers,

RR

Thanks, brother! Big things happening on my end! Hoping to be on here like I was, soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake
Page 1 of 1