HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Medwakh?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Medwakh?   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Decided to try something new. Anybody here ever smoke one? They looked interesting, and are supposed to provide a good nic hit. I think they’re along the lines of smoking a kiseru. My brother told me they were crazy popular in the Middle East when he was on tour with the marines there. More so than cigarettes even.

Dropped 25$ on a starter kit to see what they’re all about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Had to google this as I'd never heard of it. Looks much like the 'baccy of hooka smokers, with herbs and spices only in a different smoking apparatus. Seems a smallish bowl for the smoker, with only a few puffs available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwakh

Can't say as it would appeal to me, at least upon the descriptions I've just read. And this place apparently has much for the enthusiast-

https://www.medwakh.com/

Is this what you got Jev? Please report back on your experience.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Do you mean smoking dokka? Not sure of the spelling...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Do you mean smoking dokka? Not sure of the spelling...

Isn't dokka what the dog drops in the yard? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Seems like cigarettes would be more handy, for the same purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Yup I've got one. I tend to use it to smoke the small bits of stem that don't make it into my snuff experiments. The actual tobacco for use in them is way powerful. There is one shop here locally that sells it but for some reason they only have a limited edition release that sells for 65$ for a 9 or 12 gram bottle. That's way out of line considering you can buy a bottle online for a couple of bucks.

Jim

Oh and the flavors are similar to hookah shisha but dokka is very dry.

Mine isn't very fancy but I opted for actual wood and not metal, camel bone or plastic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm

So, I bought the cheap starter kit from Medwakh.com. It comes with a pipe (Medwakh), a pouch, two different lower strength Dokha (granulated tobacco), pipe filters and some chenille stems (google it for lols).

Having done some more research on the hobby, it’s got some serious history. About 5 centuries of people smoking in this fashion. It is inhaled, but I think I do bigger bumps of snuff than you smoke of this tobacco at a time. So, similar form of smoking to Japanese kiseru I would imagine. I would guess it’s a oriental heavy blend, but powerful nic content. I had to do an age verification thing today for them. Probably should get my kit early next week.

I’ll let you all know what I think of it. I found it pretty much by accident watching some vids about pipes and such online. I thought it might have been a pot pipe, like the long stemmed Afghani pipes for smoking hash, but it’s not. It’s one of the few tobacco forms I haven’t tried, so why not? It can’t be worse than loose snus, right? Lol. That stuff could give you a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am

Jev, a word of warning brother save this for at home smoking! Speaking as a fella that's had the cops called on him for smoking a regular pipe in public on a fairly regular basis this looks enough like a one hitter pot pipe that you'll definitely be getting to know your local pd officers. Of you do chose to use it in public you might want to print out and carry pages from the web that explain medwacks and dohka.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Medwakh?   Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:28 pm

" />

This is the kit I got today. The tobacco is very dry, and doesn’t taste bad. Apparently it is also one of the weaker mixtures they make. I didn’t get the buzz I thought I might. Referred to as a “cold” morning enjoyment mixture. It is an interesting smoke, but will require further analysis on my part. Good for a quick puff. May have to try some of the flavors, and stronger blends for sure though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Medwakh?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: