HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Soooo, here I am once again seeking the collective knowledge and wisdom of the BoB forum! I was sent a sample of moist snuff in a large shipment of cigars at my shop. Is moist snuff also take through the nose or does a pinch go in cheek?

Help me and let me know what the deal is with the moist snuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Pinches of moist snuff and dip go in the lower lip.

Also, chew (redman) plug (days o work) and twist (cotton boll) go in the cheek and loose or pouch snus goes in the top lip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 am

Jevverrett wrote:
Pinches of moist snuff and dip go in the lower lip.

Also, chew (redman) plug (days o work) and twist (cotton boll) go in the cheek and loose or pouch snus goes in the top lip.

Okay, good! That's what I thought but I didn't want to mess with it til I knew what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 am

Gotta love phraseology especially with tobacco products. Sounds like an oral product you got a sample of. A number of the dry (nasal) snuffs are used orally as well so yeah best to cover your bases and be sure of what you've got.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Indeed. Btw, as a social commentary. Iíve met women who dip, and whatever, you know? Usually itís a little pinch, and not a crazy amount of spit. (YouTube country Kansas, sheís a dip chic) But not many who chew, as itís not ladylike to spit a 3ft stream of jet black tobacco juice. I donít care if she drives an 18 wheeler. Also, it gets all over your chin no matter how you do it lol. The tendency for me with chew is to cram just about as much as will fit in there. Good thing I donít chew often haha, drives my wife nuts if she sees it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Yeah, it's kind of tricky.

The thing his, in the nasal snuff world, there dry and moist snuffs (relatively speaking), but anything marketed as "moist snuff" is almost certainly for oral use.

If there's any doubt left, do you have a brand name of what you were sent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:40 am

idbowman wrote:
Yeah, it's kind of tricky.

The thing his, in the nasal snuff world, there dry and moist snuffs (relatively speaking), but anything marketed as "moist snuff" is almost certainly for oral use.

If there's any doubt left, do you have a brand name of what you were sent?

It was "Makla" I believe. And it definitely says moist snuff on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Aaaaaaahhhh...Makla's kind of an odd bird.

It's certainly for oral use and not a nasal snuff - it's more similar to Swedish snus in that you're meant to use it in your upper lip, but a little like American dip in that it does create a need to spit (nowhere near as much as dip, though). It's popular in northern Africa, but I think there's only one European company manufacturing for sale (I could be very wrong about that, though).

There are a few varieties of Makla (I've tried two). They have a VERY strong, ammoniated tin aroma that can be off-putting if you don't care for that (if you've had them, think NSTU snuff). The actual flavor is pretty understated, though, considering the smell out of the tin. Kind of like a mild, naturally fermented tobacco taste with a bit soil. It's not bad - but more for the dipper/snusser looking to try something new.

Oh - and they pack an ENORMOUS nicotine wallop.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:29 pm

If it is the loose snus, you have to pack it with your fingers into a pill shaped lump. Think 800mg ibuprofen size maybe. And it is very strong nic wise. Where did you get it, mr snuff? I donít think Iíve ever seen it in a store
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:28 am

Jevverrett wrote:
Where did you get it, mr snuff? I donít think Iíve ever seen it in a store

Good question - I'm not the biggest fan of Makla, but considering I can't find loose snus anywhere domestically, or anything other than General, I'm curious as to whether or not they're trying to establish a retail sales presence here.

(Not that I have a problem with General - some of their blends are quite nice. But variety is the spice of life!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:26 am

Jevverrett wrote:
If it is the loose snus, you have to pack it with your fingers into a pill shaped lump. Think 800mg ibuprofen size maybe. And it is very strong nic wise. Where did you get it, mr snuff? I donít think Iíve ever seen it in a store

I received a whole display with samples for free from Phillips & King. I didn't ask for it and didn't even know it was coming. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I don't know how I feel about the whole spitting part...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Lol. Yeah the whole spitting thing is sort of a big turn off for most folks. Personally I prefer nasal snuff so there is no issue of "Ewwwww gross!"

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:47 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Lol. Yeah the whole spitting thing is sort of a big turn off for most folks. Personally I prefer nasal snuff so there is no issue of "Ewwwww gross!"

Jim

Talk about GROSS, I know this guy who chews, especially when he is driving his white truck. Yes, you guessed it, when he spits out the window, he misses and there are brown stains down the driver's door! EWWWW!
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?   Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Can always go this route. Personally, Iím an empty Dunkiní Donuts cup kinda guy lol.

https://www.mudjug.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dry Snuff versus Moist Snuff?
Page 1 of 1