HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey folks,

I buy/sell/trade tobacco and pipes with members of the Reddit pipe community on the PipeTobaccoMarket. I just found out that this thread is now banned (as of a few minutes ago), as trade of any kind of controlled substances (including tobacco) between users is now prohibited. As a result, the Mods for Reddit shut down the thread. Just wanted to inform those of you who are active in this community.

BB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 48
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Honestly, I'm surprised they allowed it for as long as they did.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Honestly, I'm surprised they allowed it for as long as they did.

Jim

It's probably just a matter of time until the external pressures are exerted on BoB as well. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 48
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Kind of like eBay. Open trade in tobacco will get you noticed but trading in collectable tins is permitted. Its all in what it looks like unfortunately. The rather massive spike in trading since McC closed their doors is going to be noticed. I would expect a serious crack down soon.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:45 pm

BriarBeagle wrote:
huffelpuff wrote:
Honestly, I'm surprised they allowed it for as long as they did.

Jim

It's probably just a matter of time until the external pressures are exerted on BoB as well. Crying or Very sad

Seriously doubt this will happen Loren.


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 48
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Loren, I would guess the most damage they could do here is maybe try to shut down the trading post. I see no way for them to keep folks from getting addresses and swapping things though.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Well that's comforting to know. In the meantime I guess I will hope for the best, but expect the worst. This seems to be be a more and more prevalent theme for me.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 pm

I get the feeling that there's a lot of folks out there with butt loads of investment in 'collectable vintage mint condition tins' they don't smoke right now. But hey, when over 200 new online tobacco vendors hit the web without licenses someone is going to complain. What a mess! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerfer



Registration date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm

It's really a shame. It was nice to be able to try tons of different tobaccos, and there was always a ready trade market if I bought a tin that didn't agree with me. I suppose it did make me a little bit indiscriminate, and I did somehow end up with 30+ lbs of pipe tobacco, but it was a great resource. Reading the hx of past sales has more information in it that any number of tobaccoreviews.com reviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Cerfer wrote:
It's really a shame. It was nice to be able to try tons of different tobaccos, and there was always a ready trade market if I bought a tin that didn't agree with me. I suppose it did make me a little bit indiscriminate, and I did somehow end up with 30+ lbs of pipe tobacco, but it was a great resource. Reading the hx of past sales has more information in it that any number of tobaccoreviews.com reviews.

Dutton, if you have that much cellared you'd best hang onto it. Not for flipping, mind, but for future enjoyment!

Wink


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
Cerfer



Registration date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Oh, none of it was bought to sell. Things got a little, um, out of hand? Plus P&C sales were rife this summer. It was like the Monte 4x44 snafu at the JRBB back in the day. You gotta go large just because.

But it's such a valuable investment w/r/t time and money, getting small samples, finding out what I liked, and then going large on tins and bags. Westminster, HH Vintage Syrian, and Plum Pudding on the lat side of things, and Anniversary Kake, Old Gowrie, and Sixpence on the VaPer side. I still don't know how to smoke straight Virginias, but I have to say, I'm glad I never got much of a taste for McClelland. If I can ever get my post count up, I'll put some MS River up for sale. That was the only mistake I made, and I still have almost a pound of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
avatar

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned   Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Cerfer wrote:
Oh, none of it was bought to sell. Things got a little, um, out of hand? Plus P&C sales were rife this summer. It was like the Monte 4x44 snafu at the JRBB back in the day. You gotta go large just because.

But it's such a valuable investment w/r/t time and money, getting small samples, finding out what I liked, and then going large on tins and bags. Westminster, HH Vintage Syrian, and Plum Pudding on the lat side of things, and Anniversary Kake, Old Gowrie, and Sixpence on the VaPer side. I still don't know how to smoke straight Virginias, but I have to say, I'm glad I never got much of a taste for McClelland. If I can ever get my post count up, I'll put some MS River up for sale. That was the only mistake I made, and I still have almost a pound of it.

Roger that. I copy.

No worries about stocking up since 'baccy will never again be this inexpensive. And give the 'ginnys some time. It's a learning curve and was for me. Now they're my go-to. Slow sipping, and dryer worked for me.

Yup, I recall those days on JR. Seems a lifetime ago.


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
 
Reddit PipeTobaccoMarket Just got Banned
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Cigarettes banned from open display
» MP BANNED FROM PARLIAMENT FOR DRUNKEN BRAWL
» VIDEO - Documentary BANNED by the McCanns (Overturned) Truth of the Lie - Gonšalo Amaral
» Should motor racing be banned?
» banned Lord_flygon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: