HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

GL Pease No Longer Blending?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fight'n Hampsters

Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

GL Pease No Longer Blending? Empty
PostSubject: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Read in a post on here that someone heard through the grapevine that Pease has retired from blending and is letting C&D keep producing his current blends. Anyone have any insider info on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Apparently, from infos gathered from other forums, he is focusing on wine production as well as photography.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Dunno. Rumours. But then, why not wander?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptySat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Really, how much more could he blend? For me, at least, he’s nailed several styles that I really love, so I’m cool with him doing other things... as long as C&D keep nailing his recipe, which I think they do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:07 pm

All the best to Greg in whatever he's chosen to fill his time with.

But I think C&D have dropped the ball on his ribbon blends, the new thin cut makes his English blends bland in my opinion. To the point that I'll no longer be buying Westminster and Chelsea Morning.  I haven't yet seen a satisfactory response from them yet either, other than to just lump it, which did not impress me in the slightest.

Cheers and harrumph Smile

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyFri May 25, 2018 9:35 am

Greg isn't the only one. Due to the FDA deeming regulations, we're prohibited from making new blends and bringing them to market since 8/8/16. Anything that wasn't available on, or prior to that date can't be sold unless submitted for testing (at a very high cost) and approval. Anything that's "new" that's coming out are probably blends that they sold a few tins of around 8/8/16, but they didn't put into production right away.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyFri May 25, 2018 9:48 am

blendtobac wrote:
Greg isn't the only one. Due to the FDA deeming regulations, we're prohibited from making new blends and bringing them to market since 8/8/16. Anything that wasn't available on, or prior to that date can't be sold unless submitted for testing (at a very high cost) and approval. Anything that's "new" that's coming out are probably blends that they sold a few tins of around 8/8/16, but they didn't put into production right away.

Russ

Thanks Russ...sad but interesting. I guess the “glory days” of crazy good new blends coming out on a seemingly monthly basis at really good prices...are gone.

GL Pease No Longer Blending? D6bddf10GL Pease No Longer Blending? 29400910GL Pease No Longer Blending? 114e6110GL Pease No Longer Blending? Ddb39b10GL Pease No Longer Blending? Cf77ce10GL Pease No Longer Blending? Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyFri May 25, 2018 11:09 am

The party's over......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptyFri May 25, 2018 11:58 am

We lived in the "Golden Age" of pipe tobacco. It's not dead and gone just yet.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: GL Pease No Longer Blending?   GL Pease No Longer Blending? EmptySat May 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Carlos wrote:
We lived in the "Golden Age" of pipe tobacco.  It's not dead and gone just yet.

Yup. I believe this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

GL Pease No Longer Blending?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: