HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Marty Pulver's web site

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Marty Pulver's web site Empty
PostSubject: Marty Pulver's web site   Marty Pulver's web site EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 1:31 pm

I have enjoyed visiting his site to look at pipes.
The other day I received an email that looked like it came from him but it was suspicious and I didn't click on any links.
I have tried his web site (http://www.pulversbriar.com/) for several days but get no response.
Has anyone heard anything about Marty?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Marty Pulver's web site   Marty Pulver's web site EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Heard anything back from him? I haven't emailed him recently, so I can't comment on that. I do often check his site, and I haven't had any problems on mobile or desktop with looking around the site. I do wish his home page wouldn't update the date to the present date. I wish the date of whatever he posts would remain that date, so we could tell when it was actually posted. Not really a gripe. Just causes some confusion that I think could be avoided, but then again, it's a smart business move to make it feel like the owner is constantly present and everything on the site is current, which it almost always is. There were some pipe additions and deletions (sales) I think two days ago? It was very recently.

I've never received an email from him that wasn't first solicited by me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Marty Pulver's web site   Marty Pulver's web site EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm surprised that address works at all; something happened several months ago and it was changed to http://pulverspriorbriar.com/index.html. "Sherlock's Haven" or whatever his b&m was will also redirect to there. He addresses this issue in the link above, which should be the home page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Marty Pulver's web site   Marty Pulver's web site EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks Richard, I had the wrong address.
True to Marty he says:
Achtung, Achtung. I am getting phone calls asking about an e-mail that was fraudulently sent out in my name. I do not send out cryptic e-mails, etc. Do not open anything that comes into your in-box, even from your mother, unless you are expecting it and can tell from the subject line exactly what the contents are. With me, the contents will only be related to pipes...either one you inquired about or purchased. I don't sell cosmetics, financial advice or wine futures. For those of you who have received the fraudulent e-mail, accept my condolence...there were too many for me to call and explain individually. Hence, this message. Marty wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Marty Pulver's web site   Marty Pulver's web site EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 10:58 am

That email ended up in my spam folder, deleted it. Never would have opened something like that anyhow, an unsolicited unnamed attached file marked as spam by gmail.

Marty Pulver's web site
Page 1 of 1