HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Empty
PostSubject: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Good old Sour Milk came out for a visit so we did it up proper with a cabin in the woods. Due to a mix-up on my part I didn’t bring everything I had planned on but we did get to crack open a tin of Haddo’s Delight from 2004, and friends, it was even more delicious than you’re imagining. The topping had faded to a friendly wisp of a spirit, and the leaf itself had both sweetened and mellowed. Unbelievably tasty.

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin 27f18510
Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin 33305910

Nothing better than enjoying a well-aged blend with a well-aged friend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Quite a majestic view, GG. Looks like the perfect place to get into that aged Haddos. Sounds like a pleasant time with a fellow brother of the leaf.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Hey-Suess Maria Jesse...........

.........that scene looks like a way great backdrop to some fine smokes and libations. I commend your taste on the malt beverage front and the choice of 'baccy is no slouch either, including and especially the briars!

Nothing quite like well aged Haddos to tickle your fancy. Rather wish I'd been there!

cheers

Where was the cabin?

Cheers,

RR

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Purple11x 2Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Bombx10  Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Bombx5Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin D6bddf10 Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyTue May 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Now THAT looks like a good time.

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin D6bddf10Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin 29400910Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin 114e6110Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Ddb39b10Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Cf77ce10Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyTue May 01, 2018 5:43 pm

I miss the mountains and the Haddo's...and the company of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Absolutely lovely time, that is certain! Excellent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyTue May 01, 2018 11:25 pm

I see you got your hands on some Founders KBS! Goooooood beer, and it’s made just 2 hours away from where I’m at. I’ve got two in the cellar I’m not so sure are going to last too long. If you get the opportunity, grab a four pack of Backwoods Bastard by Founders!

Looks like an awesome time!!!

Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyWed May 02, 2018 1:32 am

Looks great! Can't think of a better way to sit and reflect. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Brewdude wrote:

.........that scene looks like a way great backdrop to some fine smokes and libations. I commend your taste on the malt beverage front and the choice of 'baccy is no slouch either, including and especially the briars!

Nothing quite like well aged Haddos to tickle your fancy. Rather wish I'd been there!

cheers

Where was the cabin?

Cheers,

RR

It was out on the Peninsula, back in the mountains between Sequim and Port Angeles--tidepooling and hiking by day, grilling salmon and hot tubing by night. It was a small scale high school reunion of sorts so we had a couple of other, less pipe-saavy friends along, but I bought them both new cobs and they took to the Haddo's like seasoned pros! Hitting up the Cargo Hold in Poulsbo was icing on the cake--one hell of a B&M, if you're ever out that way.

And speaking of Hey-Suess Maria, can't believe I've been so slack about getting up to your neck of the woods--busy couple of weeks ahead but after that I'll prioritize a pilgrimage, and bring along some of this Haddo's!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:26 pm

SourMilk wrote:
I miss the mountains and the Haddo's...and the company of course.

I missed you so much I had to smoke another bowl of it this afternoon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

GrampaGrossbart

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:28 pm

GuitarMyFriend wrote:
I see you got your hands on some Founders KBS! Goooooood beer, and it’s made just 2 hours away from where I’m at. I’ve got two in the cellar I’m not so sure are going to last too long. If you get the opportunity, grab a four pack of Backwoods Bastard by Founders!

Looks like an awesome time!!!

Zach

I love Backwards Bastard! Probably my favorite of their regular rotation beers--Founder's rocks, I'm super jealous you're close enough to roadtrip to the brewery. Have you tried that CBS? It's their KBS aged in Canadian maple syrup barrels that were then used for bourbon--hard to find and a pretty penny if you do, but so worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:38 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

cheers

Where was the cabin?

Cheers,

RR

It was out on the Peninsula, back in the mountains between Sequim and Port Angeles--tidepooling and hiking by day, grilling salmon and hot tubing by night. It was a small scale high school reunion of sorts so we had a couple of other, less pipe-saavy friends along, but I bought them both new cobs and they took to the Haddo's like seasoned pros! Hitting up the Cargo Hold in Poulsbo was icing on the cake--one hell of a B&M, if you're ever out that way.

And speaking of Hey-Suess Maria, can't believe I've been so slack about getting up to your neck of the woods--busy couple of weeks ahead but after that I'll prioritize a pilgrimage, and bring along some of this Haddo's!

Ya, it looked like the Olympic Peninsula to me rather than the Cascades. Something about the shape of the hills. Been there and loved the area. Once considered moving there aamof. Looked at properties back in the early 90's. Way great area!

Need to get to the Cargo Hold before I make the pilgrimage to AZ. And keep me in touch when you're bound for my area. I'll look forward to that aged Haddo's!

tongue

Cheers,

RR

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Purple11x 2Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Bombx10  Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin Bombx5Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin D6bddf10 Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
WandererOfWeirdPaths

WandererOfWeirdPaths

Registration date : 2015-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyThu May 03, 2018 8:05 am

Very cool! I'm a perique lover but I'm not crazy about the Haddo's topping, but it sounds like age will take care of that.

I also see some Director's Cut! NICE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourMilk

SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptyThu May 03, 2018 8:59 am

WandererOfWeirdPaths wrote:
Very cool! I'm a perique lover but I'm not crazy about the Haddo's topping, but it sounds like age will take care of that.

I also see some Director's Cut! NICE.

Haddo’s can be a little harsh fresh, there was none of that present in this aged tin.

I’m not sure exactly how long it takes to become muted. I’m gonna buy several 2oz tins and I plan on opening them at 6months/1yr/2yr/5yr/10yr and see how it progresses.

Directors cut was also fantastic and I love the cut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dolemiike

dolemiike

Registration date : 2017-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptySat May 12, 2018 10:28 am

Looks like a great time with some great baccy and beer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptySat May 12, 2018 4:42 pm

We've a family house on Sequim Bay Road by the Marina. It was a regular thing to meet up and go to the lavender festival, and hike up around Hurricane Ridge. Great area around there. I really should check on the place sometime.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin   Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin EmptySat May 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
We've a family house on Sequim Bay Road by the Marina. It was a regular thing to meet up and go to the lavender festival, and hike up around Hurricane Ridge. Great area around there. I really should check on the place sometime.....

Not all that far from me Ozzie, relatively speaking. I love that area on the Olympic peninsula. If I wasn't set on moving to Arid-zona I'd likely move there upon retirement.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down

Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: