HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 12:05 pm

I took my first dip into the St Lawrence estuary this morning. Suspect

Yes, I was wearing a wetsuit but, feeling game, I put my 3mm instead of the 5mm. What a Face

The waters, at this time of year, are about 3-4 deg C....That's, like, 37-39 F or so. bounce

The Missus tagged along. I love her, she has a lot of guts (or is simply as crazy as I am).  Very Happy

I managed to last about 20 minutes. Not bad for my first dip. Another 4 or 5 sessions over the next week; and I should be able to get on my board (but with the 5mm wetsuit instead) and fall in the water without freaking out.

At least, I hope. lol!

Last edited by Davy Jones on Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 12:22 pm

You're a braver man than I, sir. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Very chilling scene!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Freeze yer cojones right off!

Shocked

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Got cold just looking at the pictures. Good luck with your hobby...brrr.

Walt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 8:53 pm

That's great. My wife and I brought our kayaks out of storage and put them down on our dock today. Unfortunately, we don't have enough water in the lake yet. But, since spoonbill season is over, the water should come up soon and we will be kayaking and boating. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Wed May 02, 2018 11:05 pm

Enjoy the great outdoors while you can brother! Still too cold for an old man like me.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Thu May 03, 2018 2:25 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Enjoy the great outdoors while you can brother! Still too cold for an old man like me.

Jim

OLD? OLD? What a Face No Me thinks not! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 am

Brewdude wrote:
Freeze yer cojones right off!

Shocked

Cheers,

RR

They're still refusing to come back out after the traumatic experience. What a Face lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season   Fri May 04, 2018 10:45 am

Corncobcon wrote:
That's great.  My wife and I brought our kayaks out of storage and put them down on our dock today.  Unfortunately, we don't have enough water in the lake yet.  But, since spoonbill season is over, the water should come up soon and we will be kayaking and boating.  Very Happy

Yes, same here. Most of the lakes are still frozen up (Matapedia and Témiscouata lakes). Temiscouata lake is an awesome lake for kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Getting Ready For The Stand Up Paddle Board Season
Page 1 of 1