HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

mcClelland blend recipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
brokebitmountain

Registration date : 2018-05-03

mcClelland blend recipes Empty
PostSubject: mcClelland blend recipes   mcClelland blend recipes EmptyThu May 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Devastated that Kings Oriental is no longer available. Seeking the recipe to blend my own. Has this wheel already been invented?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: mcClelland blend recipes   mcClelland blend recipes EmptyThu May 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Well, what are you looking for in particular? Oriental whole leaf is becoming readily available from Wholeleaf.com, Leafonly.com, and, uh, oh crap, forgot the other guys. Fairtradetobacco? Maybe.

Then, Find yourself some Red Virginia. One of those folks have red leaf by the pound for sale, or, another option is Pipesandcigars.com has a newish red Virginia ribbon, RC-1, that, with some tweeking, can provide a reasonable base for your blends.

Or, the option I generally employ, start growing and processing your own. But, unless you're willing to wait a few years for your stuff to mature, that's the Long Game.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ofafeather

Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: mcClelland blend recipes   mcClelland blend recipes EmptyThu May 03, 2018 9:00 pm

One of the challenges in reproducing McClelland blends with orientals is that they often used very specific varietals of orientals. While other blenders would say orientals as if it were one type of lead McClelland would list Yendije, Izmir or Macedonian, etc. This would probably make a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: mcClelland blend recipes   mcClelland blend recipes EmptySat May 05, 2018 8:40 pm

I'v been a big fan of the McC Grand Orientals for blending. I tried some of the Leafonly Orientals, they had Yenidje and others, but I couldn't mix anything resembling the McC stuff. Sooo,  still looking myself. Have maybe a year's supply of a couple of Grand Orientals if I ration myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

mcClelland blend recipes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: