HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! Empty
PostSubject: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2018 10:37 am

MB will shortly release the HH Burley Flake ! cheers

I can't wait to be able to try it and I will very most probably stash it like crazy!

I suspect it will be akin to Wessex Burley Slice or Solani Burley Flake. cheers

A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! Hhburl10

I read it will be available for sampling at the Chicago show and on sale shortly after, as well as Amphora Virginia.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait bounce bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2018 11:00 am

I'll be posting my review of the HH Burley Flake in the next day or so. My Amphora Virginia review is already posted at TR. The BF is closer to the Wessex than it is to the Solani, but it has several differences as well. so I would say it stands on its own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Jim, have you sampled Mac Baren’s alternate Three Nuns with perique yet? Just curious..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2018 4:07 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Jim, have you sampled Mac Baren’s alternate Three Nuns with perique yet? Just curious..

No, I haven't. I'll probably not get the chance until June.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2018 6:28 pm

JimInks wrote:
I'll be posting my review of the HH Burley Flake in the next day or so. My Amphora Virginia review is already posted at TR. The BF is closer to the Wessex than it is to the Solani, but it has several differences as well. so I would say it stands on its own.

My, oh my! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2018 9:58 pm

affraid

Can they release that so close to the FDA deadline?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySat May 05, 2018 3:57 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
affraid

As conscious as they are about the FDA, I think they can. I tried the burley flake over a year ago when Mac Baren was planning new blends, and they asked for my opinion then (I told them to make it, btw). The FDA rules obviously changed their minds, but with the date change of the rules being enforced, I am supposing they can do it, or else they wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySat May 05, 2018 2:26 pm

JimInks wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
affraid

As conscious as they are about the FDA, I think they can. I tried the burley flake over a year ago when Mac Baren was planning new blends, and they asked for my opinion then (I told them to make it, btw). The FDA rules obviously changed their minds, but with the date change of the rules being enforced, I am supposing they can do it, or else they wouldn't.

Well I'll be, it's comforting to know that some manufacturers are still forging ahead. I'm a fan of all the HH line, so I'll be sure to check out this latest incarnation. Thanks for the Intel Jim!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySat May 05, 2018 2:49 pm

I am a big fan of the HH line as well & I too am looking forward to trying their burley flake. With the absence of Solani ABF and the relative scarcity of the Wessex Slices it will be nice to have another quality burley flake to smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Similar to the Wessex, though milder and slightly sweeter. Not even close to Solani or C&D Burley Flakes IMHO. I don't like the Wessex and I didn't like this. I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Will be keen to try it based on my love of ODF and all the rest of the HH series, especially if it has a natural sweetness to it.

Can't wait for the reviews to roll in.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySat May 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Timbo wrote:
Will be keen to try it based on my love of ODF and all the rest of the HH series, especially if it has a natural sweetness to it.

Can't wait for the reviews to roll in.

Cheers

Tim

I just posted the review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptySun May 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks Jim. Definately on my must try list now. Yet another one. Smile

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!   A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! EmptyMon May 07, 2018 7:27 pm

This will definitely be on my must-try list when released.

tongue

Cheers,

RR

A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! Purple11x 2A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! Bombx10  A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! Bombx3A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! D6bddf10 A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com

A New Mac Baren HH Coming Soon!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: