HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Moonshine pipe opinions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Moonshine pipe opinions   Sat May 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Anyone here have experience with the Moonshine pipes? I'm half considering one from the latest sp newsletter. Like I *need* another pipe, but you know how that goes!

I gather these are not necessarily all hand made and probably spit out from a frazing machine. Yet the pics of them in general look pretty good, including and especially the sandblast finish on the one I'm considering (Cannonball).

I also see that they utilise a bowl coating in most instances which I'm not crazy about. And of course that can be removed.

So how do these perform? Haven't really seen much talk about them here and a search revealed squat.

Question

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
SourMilk

Registration date : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Moonshine pipe opinions   Sat May 05, 2018 7:42 pm

I have a devil anse and while I like it they’re pricey for what are basically factory pipes.

I think you can still buy handmade from them by request. All the photos on their site are the handmade versions I believe.

If you like the one on SP go for it because you’ll know exactly what you’re getting. Mine is sandblasted but isn’t the best representation of their work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Moonshine pipe opinions   Sat May 05, 2018 7:50 pm

I've been surprised by how many pop up on ebay. That tells me all I need to know. I do like a couple of their shapes though. If that was my price point, I think I'd go for a Blue Room Briars or a Vermont Freehand. I own neither, but I've been eyeballing both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Moonshine pipe opinions   Sat May 05, 2018 8:08 pm

I bought one on sale from P&C last year because I really like the bull-moose shape. Took a look at it and immediately requested a return. Drilling was off and finish felt cheap. Not impressed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com

Moonshine pipe opinions
Page 1 of 1