HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review. Empty
PostSubject: Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review.   Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review. EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Here's my review of the soon to be released in the USA, Amphora Virginia.

The Virginias provide some earth and citrus, a little wood, toast and dark fruit, a couple spice notes, and a hint of a rough edge, sugar and tea. The taste and mellow sweetness levels are a couple steps closer to mild than they are to medium. The strength is mild. The nic-hit is mild. Won’t bite or get harsh. The tobacco is mostly broken flake, but easy to pack and break apart a little further if you wish. Burns cool and clean at a slightly slow pace with a very consistent, fairly smooth flavor. Leaves very little dampness in the bowl, and requires a few more than an average number of relights due to the cut of the tobacco. Will burn to ash. Has a pleasant, short lived after taste. A rather easy going all day smoke with a very slight smoky, tangy quality. Three and a half stars out of four.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review.   Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review. EmptyMon May 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Smoking Pipes now has it for sale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review.   Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review. EmptyMon May 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks Jim, that one is on my list!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Mac Baren Amphora Virginia Flake Review.
Page 1 of 1