HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Going Back Home

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Yes, at least that's my plan, to go back home, at least back to the state I've called home for a very long time, Texas.
Sav'en my pennies now and by next March if not a little before I'm going to move out of Utah and try and get my own place again.
I know a lot of you haven't heard from me in awhile now and may not hear from me again till I'm settled in well again and got my shop up and running once more.
So I reckon this is just a note to all that have been wondering if at all as to where I've gone.
Moved in with my daughter in February and things haven't gone as planned so it's time to be back on my own where I'm more at ease and comfortable (the Hermit in me).
If all goes as planned, Lord willing and the water don't rise, I'll find a nice cozy home and a place for my shop and maybe even a new lathe so I can begin work once more on pipes.
A lot of work ahead of me so I can use all the prayers I can carry. Hope you all are doing well in body and spirit and your smokes are sweet.
So until we meet again, thank you all for just being there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Best wishes on the move Ron, hope it goes smoothly for you and you find ideal accomodation.

Good luck

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Great to hear from you Ron, and while not so great that things didn't work out as you'd hoped in UT it sounds as if you'll be a lot happier back in TX. And to hear you're planning to start up your shop again, and possibly even buy a new lathe is wonderful news indeed. With your talent in the pipemaking world it's a dang shame to have you not carving. We'll all look forward to future RDP offerings - I know I certainly will.

Best wishes on the move, and don't hesitate to keep us apprised of your progress. Godspeed my brother!

sunny

Cheers,

RR

Going Back Home  Purple11x 2Going Back Home  Bombx10  Going Back Home  Bombx4Going Back Home  D6bddf10 Going Back Home  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 10:39 pm

Sometimes the grass is just fine at home........

Well, you got a taste of the other side, time to go home.... Best wishes on the move! Keep in touch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm

RON! Absolutely great to hear from you. Sorry your plans didn’t work out in Utah...but surely wish you the best of luck with all aspects of your “goin’ South” idea. Thanks so much for letting us know. Prayer request noted.

Going Back Home  D6bddf10Going Back Home  29400910Going Back Home  114e6110Going Back Home  Ddb39b10Going Back Home  Cf77ce10Going Back Home  Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 am

Sorry Utah didn't follow the script, but you know...Ol' Tom Wolfe was full of it - you can absolutely go home again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 11:38 am

Ron, great to hear from ya and thanks for thr update. cheers I'll be sending good vibes your way.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 pm

First, really good to hear from you!! Second, best wishes on the move back to Baja Oklahoma Razz Razz Razz Any idea as to where you plan to settle down?? Stay in touch! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers.
I don't know exactly where I'll be ending up within the Great state of Texas but,I'd like to keep
it near where I called home for so long. Thank you all again. Going Back Home  Liftha14
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 6:18 pm

So good to hear from you Ron, and really glad you checked in. I've been missing your posts.

Good luck with your next chapter mate. Warm thoughts coming your way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 6:25 pm

good luck bud go kick some ass in tx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Ron, sorry to hear things didn't pan out in Utah for you. Onward and upward sir. Be careful where you look to go back in Texas. My mom and brother are between Austin and San Antonio and there are so many people moving into the area that getting anywhere is now a day long ordeal. Hopefully you get it squared away quickly.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 3:36 pm

There's no place like Texas and eventually her sons do come home!! As they say, "... there's no place like Texas !" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Going Back Home   Going Back Home  EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Your work and your personality is much missed. Happy to pray for your safe and speedy return to where you want to be.

Walt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Thank you all again, just a shame the move won't be soon enough......for me anyways.
All your prays and good wishes are appreciated more then you know sirs. Wink
Back to top Go down
alandadp

alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:42 am

Great to hear from you again Ron you old rascal Smile
I too have been a bit absent recently for family reasons but was pleased to see this update and know that you're still going strong.
Best of luck and my best wishes for the future.
Adam

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 6:45 am

Good to hear Ron and it’s also great to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Thank you gentlemen! Wink
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Well, as of October I arrived back in Texas. Sorry for not keeping in touch but, things have been a bit daunting.
As things are finally settling down I've become a little more comfortable with my surroundings here in Fruitvale,TX.
It's a very small town of only about 500, me being the 500th. Not much to see but, a post office, laundry, school and a gas station. A few vacant buildings from it's early days still remain down the road from me, in fact all that I have mentioned are down the road from me, the rest is farms and ranches. I have a 2 bedroom w/garage home in a surrounding forest of oak and pines with only one real neighbor across the road. Still trying to feel at home is the biggest obstacle I'm dealing with.
As soon as the weather permits I'll be getting a shop put on the back property and get it ready for me and my tooling which will probably take till June to complete or with luck and the help of the Lord sooner. Just living day by day and making decisions accordingly. I underestimated how much finances it would take to reestablish myself here so I continue to sell off my pipe collection, or at least what is left of it to help me on my way to making pipes once more. Hope you all are doing well and will continue so. Wink
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 12:55 am

Great to hear from you!!!! So glad things are settling down at bit in your life! Keep us informed as to your "headway!" It'll all come together in good time!! Best regards, cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 7:40 am

Glad to hear you made it and are settling in, hope things go smoothly for you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 am

Hey Ron

Thanks for the update. Been wondering how you've been. Hope the hassles with the landlord have been resolved to your satisfaction and great to learn that you'll be back in the pipe biz before too long. Also sounds like a cool little small town.

Cheers,

RR

Going Back Home  Purple11x 2Going Back Home  Bombx10  Going Back Home  Bombx4Going Back Home  D6bddf10 Going Back Home  44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
RDPipes

RDPipes

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 am

Thank you all, I know I've made myself a stranger here so we'll just have to start over again. Wink
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Lovely to hear from you, Ron and welcome back. We've been keeping your bunk for you so pop your kit bags down, settle on in again and pop across to the Mess when you're ready.

Good to have you grace these pages again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Going Back Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Back Home    Going Back Home  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Stick wrote:
Lovely to hear from you, Ron and welcome back. We've been keeping your bunk for you so pop your kit bags down, settle on in again and pop across to the Mess when you're ready.

Good to have you grace these pages again.

Thank you Stick, glad to be back. Wink
Back to top Go down

Going Back Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next