HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ? Empty
PostSubject: Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?   Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Bought my first one, a Black lacquer w/18k M nib in 1995 and thought I'd get a Sterling Silver Cisele w/18k F nib in 1998. Both have been good writing pens with even ink flow and using the included converter hold a sufficient amount of ink. As with most modern Parker nibs they are somewhat stiff albeit VERY smooth putting a nice even full amount of ink on the paper. Mine are the ones with the slim gold cap band and a black cap jewel which i like over the newest versions with the wide cap band and no cap jewel. Any of you folks own one and what have your experiences been? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?   Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 am

Hi Michael,

Yes, I have a much loved Sonnet. Like yours it's a black lacquer, but a later version with the wider band. I love mine and use it daily. It's well travelled too and as such has significant sentimental value. I dropped it a few years back with the cap posted.  Murphy's law held true and it landed on its nib, bending it badly. I ordered and fitted a replacement and it has given me fine service again. Like my seiko timepiece with an automatic  mechanical movement, it's a treasured companion that's never far from my side.
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?   Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 pm

If you haven't found this already Michael, you may find this interesting:

https://parkerpens.net/codekey.html

Mine's a 2004.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?   Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Stick wrote:
If you haven't found this already Michael, you may find this interesting:

https://parkerpens.net/codekey.html

Mine's a 2004.

That's one of the most informative sites pen wise especially for Parkers. Well, looks like you and I are the only Sonnet users here on the BOB. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fazby

Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?   Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ? EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm

You are not alone!

I bought a gold (color) Sonnet in the late 90s. It is great to write with.
Back to top Go down

Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?
Page 1 of 1