HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

McClelland's British Woods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

McClelland's British Woods Empty
PostSubject: McClelland's British Woods   McClelland's British Woods EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 2:29 pm

My all time favorite.  The Mac demise caught me by surprise; I've but a few tins left.  Wondering if any fans of this mixture have found any interesting substitutes to try?  I know there are a gazillion English mixtures out there, but this one just had a "something" that spoke to me, thus I'm particularly interested in opinions from those who shared my love of this tobacco.  Of course, if anyone has any they'd be interested in divesting themselves of, there's a ready market here Wink .  Any suggestions appreciated; thanks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: McClelland's British Woods   McClelland's British Woods EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:34 am

I, too, love this delicious blend. I had a mild heart attack last week because I just KNEW I had bought 4 or 5 tins of this along with the same amount of Bombay Court when McClelland's days were numbered. Well, I found the BC easily enough, but lo and behold, the British Woods were in a different box entirely. I can only guess it was because of their size (I could only get the 50 gram size at that late date) that kept them out of the 100 gram storage.

Anyway, a loud whew! was issued and I'm being very, very judicious with the smoking of this blend as I don't have nearly the amount I would like (maybe 10 lbs or so would do!)

Doggone it, I was wondering what to smoke with my after-breakfast tea and I think you have solved it. I'm now going to fill a pipe up with British woods and head out to the back yard to find some shade before the deathly heat rolls in.

Many Thanks, idlefellow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: McClelland's British Woods   McClelland's British Woods EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 am

Glad to help, Smoker!  Now, when you stumble across that secret stash of British Woods remember me, huh  Cool ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

McClelland's British Woods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: