HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Ridiculous

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Ridiculous   Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 am

On my watch list just for the hell of it. It's good, but not that good. My last couple of ounces got tossed because a weird off-flavor had developed. Would buy another tin at close to normal prices, but I'm pretty much done with it. Call it sour grapes. Call me biased. But don't call me. Laughing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173385880770?ViewItem=&item=173385880770
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm

"Ridiculous" doesn't even come close.

No



No Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:35 pm

I hope that it is some Chinese market situation. I say that with no bias against the Chinese. I mean that, too. I just hope it is something that wouldn't make sense to me and that I'm completely unaware of in its circumstances.

I'd be much more agitated if it was someone from the USA, like the beginnings of hipsters etc finding their way, bringing stupid money and inane sensibilities to the pipe world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Age : 62
Location : Cornelius, NC
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm glad to have found several similar blends that I enjoy just as much. Lust and greed for material items is deteriorating in my old age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:04 am

Zeno Marx wrote:
I hope that it is some Chinese market situation.  I say that with no bias against the Chinese.  I mean that, too.  I just hope it is something that wouldn't make sense to me and that I'm completely unaware of in its circumstances.

I'd be much more agitated if it was someone from the USA, like the beginnings of hipsters etc finding their way, bringing stupid money and inane sensibilities to the pipe world.

Your nightmare has come true, Zeno. The seller does not ship outside the U.S.A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 am

Davy Jones wrote:
Zeno Marx wrote:
I hope that it is some Chinese market situation.  I say that with no bias against the Chinese.  I mean that, too.  I just hope it is something that wouldn't make sense to me and that I'm completely unaware of in its circumstances.

I'd be much more agitated if it was someone from the USA, like the beginnings of hipsters etc finding their way, bringing stupid money and inane sensibilities to the pipe world.

Your nightmare has come true, Zeno. The seller does not ship outside the U.S.A.

Good catch, Davy. I was wondering about the wealthy China lunatic thing myself, or some equivalent. Somewhere in Oklahoma there is one happy seller. Doesn't look like a big dealer or anything; he only has one other item, a rather nice pipe ashtray. More power to him, I say, and hope that the bidder is real. Two hours to go before the snipers move in. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13



Age : 64
Location : Western Mass
Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:53 pm

$305 with 1 1/2 hours to go......the final countdown.....I can't wait to slap down my bid for a cool grand at the last second!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Age : 73
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Just wait till the McC's hoarders start to sell-off there stuff !! Ya ain't seen nothing yet ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoker13



Age : 64
Location : Western Mass
Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:05 pm

You are 100% correct, sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Age : 46
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 pm

Depressing, yeah. but not surprising... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Can't see, by clicking on the link, how the Penzance finished at. Anyone knows?
But hey, now there's a new Esoterica up for grab: Rich Dark Flake!  cheers
Esoterica Rich Dark Flake?  Shocked
No, Rich Dark Flake is not the same as Stonehaven. The first is Virginia forward as the second, Burley forward.
This shows the gentleman selling probably isn't a pipe smoker himself because he would not make such a gross mistake by listing it as Esoterica if he were.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm sorry, but this is ugly. I'm fine with markets and most other capitalistic whatnot, but...it just doesn't sit pretty is all. This user is cleaning up.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jenifred/m.html?item=273344085665&oid=173385880770&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

If you don't want to feel grimy about our passionate hobby, it's best to not go looking at tobacco on ebay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is ugly.  I'm fine with markets and most other capitalistic whatnot, but...it just doesn't sit pretty is all.  This user is cleaning up.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jenifred/m.html?item=273344085665&oid=173385880770&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

If you don't want to feel grimy about our passionate hobby, it's best to not go looking at tobacco on ebay.

Gross

me

out


Mad


No Cheers.

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Age : 54
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 pm

5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:44 am

lol! Does one smoke tobacco after paying that much for it or just stare at it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Age : 73
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:54 am

Richard Burley wrote:
lol! Does one smoke tobacco after paying that much for it or just stare at it?

Of course not ! You don't consume a collectible !! That's why it's a collectible !!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Age : 72
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

All I know is that as I gaze at my ‘baccy stash, I’m smoking some damned expensive pipe tobacco🤑🤑🤑. 😂😂😂FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Location : The Kansas Prairie
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm

ftrplt wrote:
All I know is that as I gaze at my ‘baccy stash, I’m smoking some damned expensive pipe tobacco🤑🤑🤑. 😂😂😂FTRPLT

I think I'll sell mine off, buy a few cans of Prince Albert. and retire cheers !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chukster

chukster

Age : 242
Location : S.E Pa. Near the Libery Bell
Registration date : 2018-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Some folks think their tobacco don't stink i guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Age : 40
Location : Cincinnati Ohio
Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:41 am

Remember it's twice as valuable sealed in the original packaging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Age : 40
Location : Cincinnati Ohio
Registration date : 2016-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:42 am

Remember it's twice as valuable sealed in the original packaging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am

hobie1dog wrote:
I'm glad to have found several similar blends that I enjoy just as much. Lust and greed for material items is deteriorating in my old age.


So...Hobie...what did you find that you enjoyed just as much?

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret


Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Age : 52
Location : North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous   Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 am

Never saw the appeal of this tobac. It was a one and done for me. Who drops this type of coin on this stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Ridiculous
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Heroes Barred From Receiving Russian Medal
» The ridiculous Kay Burley

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: