HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Broken Pipe... NYPC Member, Dan Silverstone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skaukatt

skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Broken Pipe... NYPC Member, Dan Silverstone   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:02 pm

BROKEN PIPE!!!

You better sit down - For those who knew this kind man...

I posted this to our Club members and our Facebook page and thought I'd do the same here as many of you here knew Dan from the NY Show and more recently, Chicago.

It is with the deepest sadness and sorrow that I report this most devastating news which I just learned. Our dear brother and long-time Club member, Dan Silverstone, has passed. I am in complete shock right now and canít begin to tell you how heartbroken I am. I canít even process this. Oh, my dear God!

About two weeks ago, on July 5th, Dan contacted me to tell me that after all he has been through with his back operation, he was experiencing pain in his stomach and had to go back to the hospital where they found a tumor in his stomach. He was to have a biopsy the following day. I emailed him a few days ago to follow up with him and had not heard anything until this devastating email arrived moments ago. It is from Danís wife, Ginger:

Hi Lou,
Dan passed yesterday at 3:05 p.m. He had cancer in his lung and pancreas and was not able to make it. Please let his closest friends know what has happened.
I am sorry for the news. We are planning his funeral and still not certain on the day.
I will need your help later on as time goes on.
Dan really loved you.
Love,
His wife, Ginger

I donít know what say. Obviously, on behalf of the entire Club, we extend our deepest condolences to Ginger and their family. This one hits so hard. I felt very close to Dan and have known him for so long, one of my first friends in the Club. I donít know what sayÖ Live and Love, my friends, life is too shortÖ

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Broken Pipe... NYPC Member, Dan Silverstone   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:54 pm

My condolences. I will light a candle....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Funeral Arrangements for Dan Silverstone.   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Funeral Arrangements for Dan Silverstone...

There will be a graveside ceremony on Friday, July 20th at 11:30 am at the Mount Ararat Cemetery in Lyndenhurst, Long Island. The address is 1165 NY-109, Lindenhurst, NY 11757.

http://www.mountararatcemetery.com/

If you can make it I know Dan's wife Ginger would really appreciate it. I'll be attending and hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Broken Pipe... NYPC Member, Dan Silverstone   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Awful beyond words. My deepest sympathies to Dan, his family, and all that knew and loved him.

Crying or Very sad

No Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Broken Pipe... NYPC Member, Dan Silverstone   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:53 am

Very sorry to hear of his passing. All the best to the family.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Broken Pipe... NYPC Member, Dan Silverstone
Page 1 of 1