HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share
 

 Found this Søren Refbjerg recently

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JensDK

JensDK

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 10:21 am

I'm usually kind of modest when it comes to the high-end department, but I supposed it had to happen sooner or later: Fell in love with a really nice hand cut that was offered on a danish estate website. I didn't know what Danbark was - to me it sounded like the name of a cheap drugstore pipe. So I looked it up and learned that it's the name Søren Refbjerg stamps on pipes that are only near perfect. He must be a perfectionist, because I haven't found anything on this pipe that suggests minor quality.
It's also my first pot (or pot-like) shape, and it grows on me every time I smoke it.

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Fullsi12
Back to top Go down
BriarBeagle

BriarBeagle

Age : 47
Location : Laguna Niguel, CA
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Love it! Excellent choice, sir.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Moderator
Blackhorse

Age : 71
Location : Portland, Oregon Area
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Beautiful. Very nice looking rustication technique.

_________________
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator.
Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Un-Ret
Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Puffy

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently D6bddf10Found this Søren Refbjerg recently 29400910Found this Søren Refbjerg recently 114e6110Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Ddb39b10Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Cf77ce10Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Dd692012
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Keeper, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
History Prof 1861

History Prof 1861

Age : 41
Location : Cincinnati Ohio
Registration date : 2016-10-16

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 pm

That is super nice good find
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 8:40 pm

You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
JensDK

JensDK

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:18 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!

I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 7:05 am

JensDK wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!

I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.

I claim everything smokes better in a pot.

So far this morning, I have had OJK, Picayune and Big-n-Burley in three different pots - two Grabows and a BST. I like Virginias and VaPers, but I don't seem to be reaching for them right now. I had some Father Dempsey and Morley's Best after supper last night that was just what I wanted.

Right now I typically take a Grabow pot with me to work, and that is what I smoke during the day when I get a chance. Today that pipe will be a Grabow Silver Duke, and the tobacco in the car is Big-n-Burley.

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Grabow13
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
JensDK

JensDK

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
JensDK wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
You are going to fall in love with the pot shape I predict. I am a serious fan of them. This one looks very nice!

I think you’re right! I love that it’s sturdy without being too big, and when you fill it, the smoke seems to last forever.
I know about your love for pots. What kind of tobaccos do you prefer to smoke in them? I can’t quite make up my mind about what works best.

I claim everything smokes better in a pot.

So far this morning, I have had OJK, Picayune and Big-n-Burley in three different pots - two Grabows and a BST. I like Virginias and VaPers, but I don't seem to be reaching for them right now. I had some Father Dempsey and Morley's Best after supper last night that was just what I wanted.

Right now I typically take a Grabow pot with me to work, and that is what I smoke during the day when I get a chance. Today that pipe will be a Grabow Silver Duke, and the tobacco in the car is Big-n-Burley.

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Grabow13

Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites Smile
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 4:38 pm

JensDK wrote:
Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites Smile

I really just like tobacco. Black Cavendish often tastes musty and "thin" to me, so I usually avoid it. Other than that, I tend to like most everything. In terms of open 1 lb bags right now, it is looking like a burley trend. I will own that.

I don't think I have posted a picture of the Grabow pot I am smoking now. It is a "49" so a medium pot with a 13/16 in bowl.

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Grabow14
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
JensDK

JensDK

Location : Denmark
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found this Søren Refbjerg recently   Found this Søren Refbjerg recently EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
JensDK wrote:
Another nice Grabow of yours there! Perhaps I should look out for estates on ebay that ship to Europe.
Burley is not my thing (but yours, I think). Well there’s no harm done in working my way through my own favourites Smile

I really just like tobacco. Black Cavendish often tastes musty and "thin" to me, so I usually avoid it. Other than that, I tend to like most everything. In terms of open 1 lb bags right now, it is looking like a burley trend. I will own that.

I don't think I have posted a picture of the Grabow pot I am smoking now. It is a "49" so a medium pot with a 13/16 in bowl.

Found this Søren Refbjerg recently Grabow14

I guess it’s like food: palates are so different. To me Perique feels like a flu coming up. It’s true, Cavendish is not up front - it whispers, to be a bit poetic. To me it’s like the smell of a stew you can’t make out, you just know you want more.

I like that deep rustication. It looks really nice and I bet it makes a nice, cool smoke.
Back to top Go down
 
Found this Søren Refbjerg recently
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Bodies of three infants found in shed.
» Forum Not Found
» Baby's body found in a shoebox in a Sydney garden.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: