HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playing with Krumovgrad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Playing with Krumovgrad Empty
PostSubject: Playing with Krumovgrad   Playing with Krumovgrad EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Well, got a new Oriental leaf in. Played for four hours yesterday getting it destemmed, cased and shredded. Experimental batches are underway! cheers
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Krumovgrad   Playing with Krumovgrad EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Gosh, for a moment I thought you had a new comrade, Wiz.

Not familiar with that leaf. What you planning?
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Krumovgrad   Playing with Krumovgrad EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Stick wrote:
Gosh, for a moment I thought you had a new comrade, Wiz.

Not familiar with that leaf. What you planning?

I was hoping for a replacement for Yenidji, and a site offered Krumovgrad as a similar leaf between Yenidji and Basma. A preliminary taste bowl told a bit of a different story, but I've grown tobaccos enough to know that a new place to grow the same strain can produce different results. Perhaps this explains what's going on here. My hopes were to be able to continue some of my home blends, but until I get a grasp on the effect this new leaf has on the baseline mixes I'm employing, I'm cautious about committing more resources and trusting the blends will behave the same. I'll keep you folks posted!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Krumovgrad   Playing with Krumovgrad EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Hopefully you find a blend you can work with.

Jim
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Playing with Krumovgrad   Playing with Krumovgrad EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 1:19 pm

Ozark Wizard said: "I'm cautious about committing more resources and trusting the blends will behave the same. I'll keep you folks posted!"

Looking forward to your results!

Hope all is well with you, Bob.
Back to top Go down

Playing with Krumovgrad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: