HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's This Guy's Nut?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

What's This Guy's Nut? Empty
PostSubject: What's This Guy's Nut?   What's This Guy's Nut? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 am

You know, his monthly costs, lease payment, payroll, fixtures and fittings, electric, insurance, etc.  I have done business with the company, but I pictured some guy working out of a closet. Apparently I need to revise my image of the current market in pens and ink. How many pens does he need to sell to break even? Stunning. Who'da thought? Not this ol' boy.

Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's This Guy's Nut?   What's This Guy's Nut? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Namiki, Pelikan etc don't deal with guys who deal out of a closet. You really thought that? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What's This Guy's Nut?   What's This Guy's Nut? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 am

monbla256 wrote:
Namiki, Pelikan etc don't deal with guys who deal out of a closet. You really thought that? Twisted Evil

I was slightly exaggerating. His payroll alone makes me wince. Pens and ink? Really? Reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit in which a guy had a tape boutique newly set up in a modern shopping mall. Hey, I ain't knocking it; if sales cover expenses, plus a decent profit, I wish the enterprise well.
Back to top Go down
AdamCordray

AdamCordray

Registration date : 2016-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What's This Guy's Nut?   What's This Guy's Nut? EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:44 pm

They would probably have a lot more of my money if I wasn't already elbows deep in the pipe collecting rabbit hole. I don't mind buying from business like Goulet, Vanness, etc. instead of just ordering from Amazon and getting my free 2day shipping. Plus, when I finally decide to drop a significant chunk of cash on a fountain pen (ie. Pelikan M205, Lamy2000, Sailor 1911, etc.) I would rather support a family business, given they work so hard to educate via blogs and articles, bring difficult to find items to us, and curate the collection so I have some idea where to begin looking. Plus I would feel comfortable knowing the item is legit.

Back to top Go down

What's This Guy's Nut?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Pen & Parchment-
Jump to: