HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rail Man

Rail Man

Registration date : 2007-12-23

Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” Empty
PostSubject: Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 pm

A friend of mine was recently in Germany for his brother’s wedding and brought back a copy of a magazine called “hobby” (the magazine of technology) from 1961 which had this ad.

It says “My friends smoke Kansas” and “Fine American leaf tobacco.”

I got a laugh out of the three cowboys riding a bronco while smoking pipes.

Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” D9a5b810
Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” 3a86fc10
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Artistic license...or they're using Softy Bits.
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 am

Ha! I've never seen Kansas Mixture here in Kansas but I think I saw those three guys hanging around the QuikTrip yesterday..
Back to top Go down
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 am

I used to shovel a lot of Kansas mixture, especially when the cows got out! lol!
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Nice ad!

Corncobcon wrote:
I used to shovel a lot of Kansas mixture, especially when the cows got out! lol!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Love the ad. Can't see that flying in today's uber pc environment though. Some of those pictured look downright young!

Cheers,

RR

Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” Purple11x 2Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” Bombx10  Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” Bombx8 Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” D6bddf10 Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” Cowboy13

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
SteveMKentucky

SteveMKentucky

Registration date : 2018-03-23

PostSubject: Love the ad   Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture” EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Love that ad. Germans have a thing for the old west. At least they used to. I visited a German family decades ago and when I went into their daughters room she had a lifesize poster of "Little Joe" from the series Bonanza on her wall. I'll never forget that.
Back to top Go down

Old German ad for “Kansas Mixture”
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: