HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Empty
PostSubject: Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins   Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 am

Here’s one for the “Did you know” factoid guys.

If Erinmore, Irish & University flakes were to be considered a “triplet”...then they each have a twin...or something.  

This, quoted from notes pertaining to Peterson University Flake...Wallace Flake, etc.

“After K&K lost the Peterson range to Mac Baren, they did not want to waste their recipes. They tweaked them a little and simply renamed the old Peterson line to be re-released under the Rattray's label: Malcolm Flake being Erinmore Flake; Sterling Flake being Irish Flake; and Wallace Flake being University Flake.”

Well...I think it’s interesting.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/rattrays/Wallace-Flake-50g/product_id/156748

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/peterson/University-Flake-50g/product_id/371

Looks like the Pete iteration is $1.25 cheaper!

Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins D6bddf10Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins 29400910Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins 114e6110Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Ddb39b10Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Cf77ce10Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins   Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 am

I've read that. Still have yet to try any of those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins   Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Here’s one for the “Did you know” factoid guys.

If Erinmore, Irish & University flakes were to be considered a “triplet”...then they each have a twin...or something.  

This, quoted from notes pertaining to Peterson University Flake...Wallace Flake, etc.

“After K&K lost the Peterson range to Mac Baren, they did not want to waste their recipes. They tweaked them a little and simply renamed the old Peterson line to be re-released under the Rattray's label: Malcolm Flake being Erinmore Flake; Sterling Flake being Irish Flake; and Wallace Flake being University Flake.”

Well...I think it’s interesting.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/rattrays/Wallace-Flake-50g/product_id/156748

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/peterson/University-Flake-50g/product_id/371

Looks like the Pete iteration is $1.25 cheaper!

My take on Irish/Sterling (YMMV) -- A few years, when the Irish Flake was moved to being packaged in round tins rather than rectangular (possibly a change in maker?), I felt the topping was reduced a bit. I liked the new version, I just liked the old version a bit more. Sterling tasted like the old version -- until they also moved to round tins, which tastes sort of in between the two versions of Irish Flake.

At least that's how it tastes to me!

Still good stuff in any iteration
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins   Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Really interesting.

Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins D6bddf10Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins 29400910Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins 114e6110Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Ddb39b10Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Cf77ce10Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Registration date : 2016-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins   Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am

Yipper, they're basically all the same than the Peterson they used to manufacture. I'm currently smoking through a tin of Sir William and it's identical to Irish Whisky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Erinmore, University & Irish - these triplets have twins
Page 1 of 1