HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

50th High School Reunion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: 50th High School Reunion    Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:13 pm

This weekend, Friday night and most of Saturday, is my 50th Reunion. I had planned on attending but the last 9 months had my brain writing promises my body isnít able to keep. Hard to believe I once was this naive kid.
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:54 am

Class of '68 eh? You were pretty clean cut back then. Looks like someone from the student council - you know - straight A student, Eagle scout, student voted most likely to succeed, etc.

Hope you can feel good enough to at least attend part of it Mr. Banjo. Provided it's not too far.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Corncobcon

Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:35 am

It's interesting to find out what happened to all those graduates so many years later.† My 50th was last year and I found a website about it.† In it, I was listed†under "where are they now?"† They still don't know!† Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 pm

You need to photoshop a nice pipe in that kidís mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Reunions can be tricky things... our memories of our young, vibrant, fresh faced friends can be instantly dashed by current reality. It can be great to see how some have progressed through life but sometimes best left alone. Hope your experience is a good one Mr Banjo, Sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am

So...Class of Ď68 eh. I was Class of Ď69.

When I went to my 20th...or maybe it was the 30th...it was really kind of weird. Of the folks that I used to run with all but one or two acted like jerks. The ones that I never had much to do with were really interesting and fun. So ultimately I had a positive experience.

I wonder if thereís anyone left that will put together a 50th for my class next year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Those that attend and enjoy your reunions I say more power to you.

I've never once felt the need to attend any of mine (class of '70) and never will. To date, HS was one of the worst experiences I've ever had and there's no way I want to be reminded of any of that. I have a small handfull of friends from that era that I still keep in contact with, and that's enough for me.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.....

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:00 am

I vowed never to return to my hometown, so I won't be going to my reunion. Sure wish I could have been born in another town, as that ruined my childhood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 am

So to start off, and just make myself feel young, I graduated in 2001. When my ten year reunion came up i wasn't sure is I could make it at the time because I wasn't sure if I would back from Iraq or not. They were collecting registration money and I explained my situation and asked if I could pay later, when I would know for sure if I was going to be back. They told me no they need the money now, and basically too bad for you if you can't make it. So ended up actually being in town for it but didn't go to it. Not sure if I'll be going to my 20th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 am

D.L.Ruth wrote:
So to start off, and just make myself feel young, I graduated in 2001. When my ten year reunion came up i wasn't sure is I could make it at the time because I wasn't sure if I would back from Iraq or not. They were collecting registration money and I explained my situation and asked if I could pay later, when I would know for sure if I was going to be back. They told me no they need the money now, and basically too bad for you if you can't make it. So ended up actually being in town for it but didn't go to it. Not sure if I'll be going to my 20th.

OMG - is this the way we honor our serving brothers? How rude! Iím sure the members of your class NOT on the registration committee would have been glad if you had come...regardless of payments. In fact, they should have made your registration a zero fee deal. Jeez...thatís so very mean spirited and small minded.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:15 am

DL, I gotta say that's just horrible! As a serving member of the military the absolute least that could have been done is Grant the exception for the payment. As BH pointed out they should have waived it all together. Some folks just don't get it. Sorry you got treated that way.

As a few others here have posted nope there is absolutely no desire to relive that part of my life. Its bad enough that they found my Facebook which I pretty much no longer use because I don't care to have those folks know anything about my life.

Rande I don't think you're being a downer at all. Why would you want to go hang out with folks who treated you badly years ago.

Hobie 1 I to vowed never to set foot in my hometown again except to attend funerals of my parents. My mother is getting up there so I may be making that trip sooner than I'd like.

Banjo I hope you get the chance to at least go for a while if that doesn't cause you too much trouble healthwise. If you enjoy that kind of thing you are a better man than I. Wishing you better days ahead .

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 50th High School Reunion    Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Humans, the No.1 source of disappointment in this Insane Asylum of the Universe. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile

50th High School Reunion
Page 1 of 1