HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Roctober madness!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
glassjapan

glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Roctober madness! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Say what??? That's crazy, and very much appreciated.
Thanks the Mrs and that passerby for me lol!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 8:00 pm

glassjapan wrote:
Say what???   That's crazy, and very much appreciated.
Thanks the Mrs and that passerby for me lol!!!

Yeah...she’s been super impressed with you guys here, stepping up for this important mission and all. I am too. That’s why I’m stepping up with some nice prizes and whatnot. I set things up to ask you to join...you did your part...now come some rewards.

And our poor sod that’s the target...well, he’ll likely never get out of the hospital. I figure in addition to the frags and bombs the postal carrier will beat the crap outta him. Oh well. Life is hard.

Roctober madness! - Page 6 D6bddf10Roctober madness! - Page 6 29400910Roctober madness! - Page 6 114e6110Roctober madness! - Page 6 Ddb39b10Roctober madness! - Page 6 Cf77ce10Roctober madness! - Page 6 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Munitions arrived today, getting loaded up and waiting for zero hour!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

D.L.Ruth wrote:
Munitions arrived today, getting loaded up and waiting for zero hour!

Cool. Depending on where you live you should be thinking of mailing your munitions on the Wednesday prior to hit day. So...the 24th...two weeks from now.

Roctober madness! - Page 6 D6bddf10Roctober madness! - Page 6 29400910Roctober madness! - Page 6 114e6110Roctober madness! - Page 6 Ddb39b10Roctober madness! - Page 6 Cf77ce10Roctober madness! - Page 6 Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 pm

And our squadron will make a mighty roar...

https://youtu.be/At88Fcdgv0g

Eighteen B-25’s - pretty amazing...gives me chills.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm

The two prizes awarded thus far have been shipped out. The lucky winners should see them Saturday.

Let’s try something different. Here’s a Halloween riddle:

First think of the person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
Next, tell me what’s always the last thing to mend,
The middle of middle and end of the end?
And finally give me the sound often heard
During the search for a hard-to-find word.
Now string them together, and answer me this,
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?

Tell me the creature and the source of the riddle.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
The two prizes awarded thus far have been shipped out.  The lucky winners should see them Saturday.

Let’s try something different. Here’s a Halloween riddle:

First think of the person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
Next, tell me what’s always the last thing to mend,
The middle of middle and end of the end?
And finally give me the sound often heard
During the search for a hard-to-find word.
Now string them together, and answer me this,
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?

Tell me the creature and the source of the riddle.

Oooh I don't know the source of the riddle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Then you don’t win.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 4:07 pm

PM sent

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Remember it well, the Spyder (spider) and the Spynx in Harry Potter.
banjo

The Spynx asked the question!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Huffelpuff’s PM arrived first...by a wide margin.  He wins.  Congrats.

If there was a second place fishnbanjo would take that as his answer is also correct...but alas there isn’t.

And...there is a catch. You guys have all heard of Trick or Treat...right?  It’s the Halloween Mission boys. Sometimes you get a treat...sometimes it’s a trick.

Roctober madness! - Page 6 D2abda10

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 3:49 am

Congrats to both winners, very special prizes you lucky ducks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Congratulations guys! Good job!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Munitions has been requested and are on their way. Getting everything prepped and ready for the run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:59 pm

BOB Mug and Dark Star arrived safe and sound!  Thank you so much!

Also munitions for the run came in! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Getting an itchy trigger finger bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:41 pm

GeoffC wrote:
BOB Mug and Dark Star arrived safe and sound!  Thank you so much!

Also munitions for the run came in! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Wow! Nice deal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 pm

I’ll try to get Huffelpuff’s prize posted up by Monday.  Been buried around here putting the house back together...finally.

Roctober madness! - Page 6 1e800510

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
glassjapan

glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
So...tell us Don Pardo, what does our lucky contestant get?

Well Johnny, Pilot #19 wins two great prizes. First, a gorgeous tin of McClelland Pebblecut. This is the reintroduction of the old Ashton blend which many folks think is better.  And of course it’s no longer available ANYWHERE!

“Selected red mottled leaf from Carolina, rich in flavor and oils, small Oriental leaves from Macedonia of piquant aroma, bright nut-flavored broad leaf from Virginia, and pure Louisiana perique all combine to form the framework of this blend which is hard-pressed and then lightly stoved to smooth and enrich, Pebblecut long-flake pipe tobacco is savory with a concert of ever-changing flavors, always intriguing, never dull.”

Roctober madness! - Page 6 00b18a10

Plus...he gets a healthy quarter pound dose of “Sha’Are Orah” tinned in April of 2012 by Cornell & Diehl.

“This is a substantial blend with a special cubed burley base. It derives its subtle essence from the delicate interplay of Turkish leaf and Perique, further mellowed by stoved red Virginias...a microcosm of leaf adroitly balanced results in intricate and surprising flavors.”

Roctober madness! - Page 6 D741dc10

So a Sunday bomb rolls up on my unsuspecting wife today. Very much appreciated!!!  Both blends are new to me and very anxious to give them a try. Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

D.L.Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 7:11 pm

glassjapan wrote:

So a Sunday bomb rolls up on my unsuspecting wife today. Very much appreciated!!!  Both blends are new to me and very anxious to give them a try. Many thanks!

Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm

glassjapan - you know that the Pebblecut is a McClelland...and the last of its kind. It’s a rare breed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
eggman
Cornholio
eggman

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:43 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
glassjapan - you know that the Pebblecut is a McClelland...and the last of its kind. It’s a rare breed.
Holly crap-ola Batman!!!!! I just seen your comment about McClelland and the last of its kind. I loved almost everything they put out. All the frog series (except cellar I never knew anything about that one til now), McCrainies red ribbon 1983, Arcadia and several of the Christmas cheers. I still have a unopened tin of Frog Morton from 1997. Everything from McClellands is demanding big $$$$$ on the bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:51 pm

eggman wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
Holly crap-ola  Batman!!!!!  I just seen your comment about McClelland and the last of its kind.  I loved almost everything they put out. All the frog series (except cellar I never knew anything about that one til now), McCrainies red ribbon 1983, Arcadia and several of the Christmas cheers. I still have a unopened tin of Frog Morton from 1997. Everything from McClellands is demanding big $$$$$ on the bay.

Yeah Eggy - looks like you missed a sad piece of recent history. Sort of.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:11 am

Blackhorse wrote:

Plus...he gets a healthy quarter pound dose of “Sha’Are Orah” tinned in April of 2012 by Cornell & Diehl.

“This is a substantial blend with a special cubed burley base. It derives its subtle essence from the delicate interplay of Turkish leaf and Perique, further mellowed by stoved red Virginias...a microcosm of leaf adroitly balanced results in intricate and surprising flavors.”

Roctober madness! - Page 6 D741dc10

Score! I like the Hebraica series, and bought Or Olam and Boker Or in bulk back when you could. I am glad to see them back, even if they are tin only these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371 Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Roctober madness!   Roctober madness! - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm

OK.  As promised, here is the prize that Huffelpuff won for his extraordinary riddle solving expertise coupled to being first to submit the winning entry.

What does our lucky player win, Vanna?

He wins a Wyoming Winter Wonderland package.  It has the materials and items needed for a quick fix when it’s COLD outside.

1. 500 gm pack of Gawith Kendal Gold shag cut RYO tobacco.
2. 20+ packs of premium rolling papers in three popular sizes.
3. 8 packs of paper tips.
4. 3 packs of filter tips.
5. 3 different sizes of rolling “machines” to match the paper sizes.

I’ve tested this setup before and have been very impressed. With very little practice one can quickly and easily produce some stellar smokes with the above gear.  Just be sure to match the size of the paper to the right machine.

He’s all packed up and ready to rock-n-roll. It should go out later today or tomorrow for sure.

Congrats Mr. Puff!

Roctober madness! - Page 6 F8052910

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Roctober madness!
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next